• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
Joseph Stalin

You are just broken sir.

You're aligning the mgmt of the company with a mass murdering dictator.

This is the test case for 'The Agreement' and you guys are saying it's a farce and then speculating what will happen IF conditions at the new gateway change. It's pathetic.

You work for a different company, let us make our own mistakes.

The question about why this is even taking place now is the mystery. Rumor is that Flex received more than enough resumes and applications under the limited gateway system to be selective and still fulfill it's hiring. So why would they spend the time, energy, and money to address a pilot concern that barely made the top 5 of issues on the survey?

I hope you Flex pilots enjoy getting treated as pilots of ... how did he say it in the Basing-Schedule change policy announcement... " a premier workplace". If KR was such a generous guy and a great employer, why doesn't he make a bunch of wonderful changes at FO? They could easily be added to our CBA with an LOA. You can talk all you want about how good you think you have it, and that is great for you. I am genuinely happy for you all, and we would all like to feel that way about our employer too! (Ironic that it's the same group, isn't it?) You all seem to think that we think the IBT 1108 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the reality is much simpler. We now simply realize the benefits of union representation after a long history of being "at will" under KR. One group in this discussion has lived both sides, one has not. It isn't your fault that you haven't experienced both sides, in fact it is your good fortune. However, you would be a fool to not at least listen to the voice of experience with an open mind.... or alternatively you can go imitate an ostrich and bury your heads in the sand. It's your choice. Enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Once you have a CBA nothing is ever given unless there is something given in return. Would you be wiling to just give up part of the protections of your CBA without getting something in return.

Before the DAC purchase we had no say about changes to our work rules. No with out employment agreements we get to vote before changes can be made. This is a huge improvement and in return we gave nothing.

When the acquisition was announced people at our company were worried that our working conditions would quickly mirror yours and didn't want that. The employment agreement was put together to show that DAC and FJ have no intention of taking away things that have been here at FJ for a long time.

So far the only negative thing that I can think of is our sick days went from 10 to 7, but before we were jot able to roll them over to next year or use them as additional vacation blocks. For the people that made sure they used all 10 sick days every year ths was a loss. For the rest of us that only used them when we were truly sick this was a gain.

So with the DAC purchase we have been given a say in iur future work rules which we didn't have under Bombardier. Something they really didn't have to do. Once again, remind me when the Friday emails will start coming out changing things.

The new basing proposal isn't perfect, however I fully expected them to require moving to a fixed 8/7 or something if you moved to a secondary base. I even thought it was possible they would ask ALL of us to move to a fixed schedule in order to open it up. I'll have to see how it plays out as far as getting the min 4 off after 7 or 8 on before I pack up and move but I voted yes for those that want to change now and avoid the drives.

TWA
You voted on new bases. That's it..not the details of the work rules associated with them. You keep preaching how your vote counts. It's doesn't. Like I said all of the Flex pilots could have voted NO and these changes wold be put into place anyway. You voted yes to this not even knowing all of the details. Did you even read it? To make up for the increase in travel cost more new and exciting schedule changes are coming and your empty votes won't stop it. But you will be told you have a voice and your opinions really matter. This is just the start.

TWA
You voted on new bases. That's it..not the details of the work rules associated with them. You keep preaching how your vote counts. It's doesn't. Like I said all of the Flex pilots could have voted NO and these changes wold be put into place anyway. You voted yes to this not even knowing all of the details. Did you even read it? To make up for the increase in travel cost more new and exciting schedule changes are coming and your empty votes won't stop it. But you will be told you have a voice and your opinions really matter. This is just the start.

I read it all before I voted.

Tell me how this would happen without our vote.

Latest resources

Back