• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex pilots votes for or against this new schedule/crew base means nothing. If all of you voted no it would still happen.
What are the details? What happens if an airline cuts flights and you just moved? Can they make you drive to others airports? They can make us...but there are limits in distance and time. How much notice do you get if they decide to remove your new domicile from the list? What parameters must the new domicile maintain to remain a domicile is it based on number of flights and cost?

Lots of questions you guys don't have answer to. We do...it's written in our CBA. Just something to think about.

Since you're making crap up, you forgot to add the scenario where my domicile gets nuked.

You don't know the answers or even the right questions, just let it go.

Flex pilots votes for or against this new schedule/crew base means nothing. If all of you voted no it would still happen.
What are the details? What happens if an airline cuts flights and you just moved? Can they make you drive to others airports? They can make us...but there are limits in distance and time. How much notice do you get if they decide to remove your new domicile from the list? What parameters must the new domicile maintain to remain a domicile is it based on number of flights and cost?

Lots of questions you guys don't have answer to. We do...it's written in our CBA. Just something to think about.

Have you seen the proposal?

The proposal states that they can add additional bases. The future, but bases cannot be taken away unless it is voted for. Your CBA allows the company to close bases based on criteria listed. Per the new base plan they can't close the new bases, even if all airlines stopped serving it unless we vote for that to happen.

Yes there are other airports at some of the bases you are responsible for. This is just like our bases we have now, no change.

Once again, educate yourself before you get on here and sound ignorant.

Former Management now Union Members

Have they announced to your pilot group how many FO pilots are jumping ship to the Global? Guess what, they aren't management pilots, these are line pilots that trust KR enough to step our from under the CBA to advance their careers.

If KR treated you guys they way you portray I wouldn't think a single line pilot at FO would dare fly the Global no matter what the pay. C'mon, you know he is just going to take that pay and any nice parts of the job away in a Friday email, right. That's how it always goes, right?

So if your guys that are going to the Global have experienced the same working conditions under KR as you have, then you tell me why they trust him? Why would they give up the IBT protection? It sounds like suicide, or maybe you guys are just full of BS.

Two of the initial Global pilots were Flight Options Management. One was Chief Pilot and the other Director of Flight Administration. The third was the former Director of Operations that became a IBT Local 1108 member.

So, they were management.

So, they haven't experienced the conditions discussed under KR. They created and enforced those conditions.

They were management. So, they were not covered by the CBA. Well the former DO eventually was.

Now, the best part. The Chief Pilot wanted to protect his seniority number at Flight Options. How did he do that? He is now a proud member of IBT Local 1108!

So, TWA - How about that?

Two of the initial Global pilots were Flight Options Management. One was Chief Pilot and the other Director of Flight Administration. The third was the former Director of Operations that became a IBT Local 1108 member.

So, they were management.

So, they haven't experienced the conditions discussed under KR. They created and enforced those conditions.

They were management. So, they were not covered by the CBA. Well the former DO eventually was.

Now, the best part. The Chief Pilot wanted to protect his seniority number at Flight Options. How did he do that? He is now a proud member of IBT Local 1108!

So, TWA - How about that?

I am not talking about the initial group. I am talking about the second group.

They start training July 21.

How about that.

Twa

Are you seriously saying in Public that if a new domicile lost ALL airline service that they would not shut it down as a base?

Your serious?

Please tell me you have been drinking tonight....

Lucky

Are you upset that I asked logical questions or that you didn't?
You either don't want to know the answer or too scared to ask.

Twa

Are you seriously saying in Public that if a new domicile lost ALL airline service that they would not shut it down as a base?

Your serious?

Please tell me you have been drinking tonight....

Drinking, no....thanks.

We would have to vote out a new domicile if we vote the new system in. They can only add domiciles without a vote.

If your look at our new domiciles I can't imagine any of them losing all airline service. Our management team is not dumb. They wouldnt add a place that has the chance of losing all airline service.

I hope you Flex pilots enjoy getting treated as pilots of ... how did he say it in the Basing-Schedule change policy announcement... " a premier workplace". If KR was such a generous guy and a great employer, why doesn't he make a bunch of wonderful changes at FO? They could easily be added to our CBA with an LOA. You can talk all you want about how good you think you have it, and that is great for you. I am genuinely happy for you all, and we would all like to feel that way about our employer too! (Ironic that it's the same group, isn't it?) You all seem to think that we think the IBT 1108 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the reality is much simpler. We now simply realize the benefits of union representation after a long history of being "at will" under KR. One group in this discussion has lived both sides, one has not. It isn't your fault that you haven't experienced both sides, in fact it is your good fortune. However, you would be a fool to not at least listen to the voice of experience with an open mind.... or alternatively you can go imitate an ostrich and bury your heads in the sand. It's your choice. Enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
Joseph Stalin

Latest resources

Back