to get screwed.

We should of organized with the IBT. Flex pilots
are so naive and now they will pay. I know there are a couple on
this thread that came from TWA ALPA. They talk about how great flex is
and why we don't need a union. When your in
the training center and a kiss ass of course you don't
need representation. But for the rest of us we are about
to get screwed.

Take a deep breathe. Things don't happen overnight, and there is no way that anyone would allow us (Flex) to be stapled. DW said she would fight that too. We have a say in what happens here, just because FLOPS has a union, does not mean they can dictate everything concerning a merger. First we have to be deemed single carrier, then union vote, then seniority list. That will take a long time. Don't forget if/when 1108 is voted out, their "vision" for the seniority list will be tossed out. As for our jobs, keep doing what you are doing and things will be as they have been. I have not seen a change yet, and seriously doubt KR wants to rock a boat that is making him money. I'll admit that I have had a few freak outs, that is normal, but don't get consumed about a rumor. Just my 2cents.

There's no need to be putting someones personal information on here. No matter what you may think of TWA, he or she is still entitled to their opinions. Maybe it's time we all take a step back and cool off. Nothing has ever been solved on these message boards.

to get screwed.

If we get screwed, we all get screwed together.

Staple?

Take a deep breathe. Things don't happen overnight, and there is no way that anyone would allow us (Flex) to be stapled. DW said she would fight that too. We have a say in what happens here, just because FLOPS has a union, does not mean they can dictate everything concerning a merger. First we have to be deemed single carrier, then union vote, then seniority list. That will take a long time. Don't forget if/when 1108 is voted out, their "vision" for the seniority list will be tossed out. As for our jobs, keep doing what you are doing and things will be as they have been. I have not seen a change yet, and seriously doubt KR wants to rock a boat that is making him money. I'll admit that I have had a few freak outs, that is normal, but don't get consumed about a rumor. Just my 2cents.

Staple is gone. Any pilot group that believes the misrepresentation of that threat is simply lacking available informational education.

The McCaskill-Bond Act is the federal law of the land. It prohibits certain measures while enforcing others. It is not a union or company choice when it comes to integration of these pilot groups. It is federally mandated law. Primarily, the act requires that the carrier make provisions "for the integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner."

What's wrong with that?

to get screwed.

Let's take it down a notch here guys. Ask yourself, why would the union screw the Flex pilots? After all they need your votes to survive the merger.

I think what some of us are responding to is what we at Flight Options have come to know as FUD, Fear Uncertanty and Doubt. This is a standard union-busting technique employed by management in an attempt to keep us scared and guessing about our futures.

They make the calculation that once scared we will all come runnin to them for comfort and protection.

Don't fall for their tricks. They want us scared, divided and weak, because they know that at the end of they day we will cost them more as an organized group then we ever will as individuals.

It's all about the money.

So stop falling for the tricksters BS! We are on the same team here.

TWA is in this for himself alone...or he's a hired hand...probably both. He's B19 all over again that makes him easy to deal with.

TWA is in this for himself alone...or he's a hired hand...probably both. He's B19 all over again that makes him easy to deal with.

Goose, no, he is not a hired hand nor a B19. He is a stand up guy that like all of us has his opinions. He is the type of guy that I would gladly share a cockpit with and in the worst possible scenarios, be happy he was next to me.

Latest resources

Back