• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Scamagement Hits a New Low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many of us have side letters. yes they are easily gotten from sales but they do not usually cover things like # of crew per aircraft across the fleet and operational matters. They usually cover aircraft per day, upgrades, downgrades, guaranteed back ups and delays, etc.

It occurred to me at some point recently: I hope we realize no matter how badly Kenn loses he will never stop. We will end up in a constant state of turmoil with him at the helm. He is petulant and petty.

Maybe one day investors will see that too and his sphere of influence in this industry will diminish but until then he has pretty much ruined fractional/corporate work as a career choice. I hope the union can help the Arbitrator see that letting Kenn get away with anything here - anything at all - only serves to embolden an employer base that does not respect the one entity they can't do without, their pilots.

NJAOwner, let's not mince words. Apparently you and your friends are okay with it. Unfortunately, I believe you all will look back and regret that choice. I truly hope that regret stems just from diminished quality, service and/or investment and not from the tragedy I see on the horizon.

Like I said, the only thing I can do is make sure it's not me. But right now Kenn Ricci has made that an inevitable outcome. You might be NJA but don't be foolish enough to deny what corners he gets away with here, what labor costs he is able to shrink away here won't end up everywhere else. Eventually, what is happening here will be felt at NJA too. Good luck with that.

IMISS you hit it on the head. The piss poor and lack of maint on these planes coupled with fatigue crews is already a miracle that a tragedy hasn't taken place. It will literally happen any minute now. You can't roll the dice in this game over and over and get away with out something happening sooner or later and Onesky has rolled their dice way to many times already. its a mathematical certainty and I didn't even add in the RL pilots that will push the limit over and over, the snowball effect will happen.

Hey IMissMyPilot. I am not ok with it. I am not with FO/FLEX -- I was there for a very short tine a number of years ago, saw some of this myself, and left.

Hey IMissMyPilot. I am not ok with it. I am not with FO/FLEX -- I was there for a very short tine a number of years ago, saw some of this myself, and left.

I know but don't underestimate the effect what Kenn is able to get away with will effect the industry as a whole.

NJA just pulled in record profits despite the fact they have a union that secured them an industry leading contract and a lower than projected revenue stream. That said, businesses are about making money. If NJA sees a market tolerance for what the #2 frac gets away with, don't kid yourself they won't try it. They won't turn away money on the table just to deliver a better product the marketplace is not demanding.

Your friends who remain uninterested in the welfare of the only industry group (their pilots) that has a vested interest in your experience, safety and reliability is shortsighted. But what do I know, I'm not the one smart enough to be in the back.

I agree with your last paragraph 100%. I cannot believe those who bargain shop or those who go for JetSmarter. I think there are only 2 ways to have a much less expensive private jet experience (1) cut $ for pilots (including salaries, benefits, road hotels, training, etc.) or (2) cut maintenance. Is there anyplace else to save mega $$ to fly for 50% less than others?

I agree with your last paragraph 100%. I cannot believe those who bargain shop or those who go for JetSmarter. I think there are only 2 ways to have a much less expensive private jet experience (1) cut $ for pilots (including salaries, benefits, road hotels, training, etc.) or (2) cut maintenance. Is there anyplace else to save mega $$ to fly for 50% less than others?

Well if Kenn Ricci has his way, he will still charge you the money and underdeliver on everything else. Talk about crazy.

IMHO, especially in the case of a shell artist like Ricci, a union helps to protect the owner's investment and provide assurance because those minimum safety expectations surrounding pilots and maintenance are spelled out and stable. I feel badly for my longtime Flexjet owners. I see them getting cheated and there's nothing I can do. I hope this contract gets settled soon so that stops. Your friends would do well to try to understand the benefits a unionized pilot force can get them, especially if they are hands off, uninterested in the details.

Owners should be demanding the contract settlement every bit as much as pilots. I've been pleased to see several owners vocalize their support, especially in front of some anti-union crew.

I heard last week that there where two days in a row charter was in excess of a million dollars!

They make money on charter. There is no incentive other than customer service, which they don't care about, to keep cheater down.

They make money on charter. There is no incentive other than customer service, which they don't care about, to keep cheater down.

Directional Capital may make money on charter, depending on who does it, but for Onesky the cost is higher than the incremental cost of flying the trip in-house, with their own aircraft. In fact, it would be easy for Onesky to increase costs for charter, maintenance, fuel etc. and shuffle the money to another pocket, especially since Directional Capital is privately held, and not a public company. It's called "creative accounting", and just another way the company can cry poor when it comes time to discuss compensation for the pilots.

Latest resources

Back