• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Recalls Two Flight Attendants, Janitor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DALLAS--In a move hailed by company leaders as a sure sign of a turnaround, Flexjet has brought back two flight attendants and one janitor.

"We're extremely proud that we were able to bring these folks back into the Flexjet family, albeit on a strictly contractual basis, which means we are not required to provide them with any benefits of any kind," company president Fred Reid stated at a news conference during which his words were often drowned out by uproarous applause from a fawning audience consisting almost entirely of female Flexjet headquarters employees, several of whom swooned and had to be carried out on gurneys. "This is a great day for all of us."

Reid added that the decision to bring the three employees back was "fraught with risk," but that he remains confident it was "the right thing to do moving forward."

"If being a leader means making the tough calls, then call me a leader," Reid said.

Sooo true I almost believe it!

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. The post wasn't meant to make light of anything, actually, besides the eunuchs we have running our outfit. I feel awful for guys like you and awful that we can't do more to bring anybody back.

Best of luck.

I'm sure some of the pilots would like to see there bretheren back - but management is another story. Interviewed at a 135 company last week that was hiring someone because of "significant growth" over the last 8 months. Said that's great - thinking they must have good marketing ppl. Later they said the growth was in large part to Flexjet increasing their charters significantly with them. :erm:

I'm sure some of the pilots would like to see there bretheren back - but management is another story. Interviewed at a 135 company last week that was hiring someone because of "significant growth" over the last 8 months. Said that's great - thinking they must have good marketing ppl. Later they said the growth was in large part to Flexjet increasing their charters significantly with them. :erm:

Why does that not surprise me? I wonder what the average daily total of flight hours is going to have to be in order for Fred to agree to bring people back? 300? 400? And exactly how does that "amazing customer experience" come into play when you're on a chartered aircraft? I'd be curious to know what Fred, Dave's, and Tom's bonuses will look like this year.

GPNewswire

2/5/2010 8:00am est

GPNewswire.com
from the column "GP on aviation"

---Flexjet CEO has recently announced amazing cost cutting measures designed to bring Flexjet to the forefront of profitability within the fractional industry. Details of the plan include a three point plan by which Flexjet will be able to surpass it's compitition with huge cost savings that Flexjet will then be able to pass on to it's customers, and will ultimatly revolutionize the fractional industry.

Step one of the plan was completed in the past year and involved sizable staff reductions. "This phase, while unpleasant, was necessary in order to move to phase two", said Flexjet CEO. The first phase involves triming all nonessential and many essential jobs, mostly among the pilot ranks.

Step two is to get Flextjet partners to employ these former pilots based on recommendations from Flexjet itself. In this way Flexjet will be able to staff the local part 135 operators with pilots that A: have the training aligned with Flexjet philosophy and, B: the motivation to provide "a stellar travel experiance to our Flexjet charter customers".

The final phase is to move ALL fractional travel to it's chartered partners. In this way Flexjet will be able to capitalolize on the much lower pay paid to traditional part 135 pilots, who until recently, have held these jobs with low pay and poor working conditions in order to simply build time.

Upon copletion of this ambitious plan Flexjet expects to have the fractional industry cornered by being the sole operator to not actually operate a single flight. Flexjet CEO was quoted as saying "obviously operating flights is a losing proposition. We want to move to the next level where we isolate the loss of aviation while maintaining the core profit that enables the pay scales that our execuitive team deserves."

GPNewswire 2010

....thought I'd give Dooker style posts a try. Done on iPhone.

P.S. No disrespect Dooker, you're still the master.

Interviewed at a 135 company last week that was hiring someone because of "significant growth" over the last 8 months. Said that's great - thinking they must have good marketing ppl. Later they said the growth was in large part to Flexjet increasing their charters significantly with them. :erm:

It's funny you say that, because awhile back I had a phone interview with a charter company who flies very similar equipment and they said the exact same thing. Unreal. :(

Later they said the growth was in large part to Flexjet increasing their charters significantly with them. :erm:

Same crap is happening at NJA. During the busy days they are just outsourcing the flying to EJM or other charters. They can do this up to 44 days per year!!!!! Makes it much more difficult for any of us to ever get recalled. Just like scope is the real threat to the major airlines, outsourcing flying via charter is the huge threat to fractional pilots.

Same crap is happening at NJA. During the busy days they are just outsourcing the flying to EJM or other charters. They can do this up to 44 days per year!!!!! Makes it much more difficult for any of us to ever get recalled. Just like scope is the real threat to the major airlines, outsourcing flying via charter is the huge threat to fractional pilots.

Exactly. It's a scope issue, pure and simple. The problem is, the passengers all have signed off on this. They know about it when they buy into the programs. If they have no-charter clauses, they pay more. Simple-simple. Some ballsy individual at Flex actually made note of the fact on the company forum (Bluebelly) that we were booking a ton of charter over the holidays. He must've hit a nerve because none other than Dave Gross himself saw fit to hammer out a response stating, in effect, that it was more cost-effective to have fewer pilots on property and to rely on charter during peak demand than to have a bunch of idlers hanging around in hotels and on standby during off-peak times.

Well, sure it is. And it all looks fantastic until one of these operators bends metal or, worse yet, kills somebody.

No kidding. Just think of how many nja furloughees are flying 135 charters either in support of or in competition with nja. How many furloughees are there who now or soon will be flying for the charter brokers who get most of their new growth from the 800 lb gorilla?

Latest resources

Back