• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flexjet problem at IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I AGREE TOPLOADER!!!! LET'S END THIS THREAD, NOW!!!!!

G

Accident

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: Y
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: Y
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

What was the 1 crew injury? Minor, I hope. Anything serious?

LR45JI said:
Maybe you should research Mr. Buffett a little better! He bought this company for less than 1 Billion. NJA now has net liquid assets of over 4.8 Billion. That's 480% of a ROI, as it stands now. In 24 months from now it will be over 600% ROI if NJA liquidated everything....hum......

I know this is an old post, but I just read it. The above statement is NOT Return on Investment (ROI), which, in fact, is defined as NET INCOME divided by AVERAGE TOTAL ASSETS (over the period covered). NOT, original investment divided by total assets (at one point in time).

How did the contract turn out?

Timebuilder said:
The skill of the pilot in controlling the aircraft with the blown tire goes back to the many hours of experience he acquired long before he met the minimums for flex. Certainly, recurrent training is a contibuting factor in a pilot's success, but it's more likely that most of what made the pilot good was learned before the flex application was filled out.

Hey, everyone else is having a good ol' time on this forum so I thought I'd throw some more coals in the fire... Let me just say this... If you haven't done an abort in a Learjet, you cannot know what a squirrelly SOB that airplane can be when the $hit hits the fan between 80kts and V1. In my experience, the training at Flexjet, at least the LR-31 program, was to say the least, very thorough and the type ride was the toughest of any ck-ride I've ever had, by far... no short cuts, no gifts, no slack, no excuses.

So... in response to the quoted post... NO... the skills that contributed to the pilot's success in the reported IAD incident may very well have been developed in training at Flexjet.

In the meantime... Like someone else said in another post..."We're all in the same boat, so let's row in the same direction."

Last edited:
All is well in River City

It's great to see everybody still has the strength to argue.

Flexlr357 still defending Flex. You should. I think you should certainly be behind the company you work for, I am.

I was one of the 32 month F.O.'s that left for Netjets. When I watch all the bickering it seems funny to me that neither party really knows what it's like to be in the other guys shoes.

I however, was at both companies, so I have seen things first hand. I go along with that other poster, we are all in the same boat. I left a lot of cool people at Flex, I met alot of cool people at Net, I'll just leave it at that.

357, you know I never noticed it before, but you fly around in a bathtub? You have to wonder about somebody that would fly a jet in "helicopter country"!!! Now don't get riled, It's a compliment.

I haven't been around to much lately because I've been doing like so many of my other Netjet brothers and sisters, working a second job. Before you flexjetters yell AAAHHHAAA!!!!!!!! Just keep in mind I went back into the reserves while I was at Flexjet because I was going broke from not upgrading at Flex.

Any way you look at it, for those of us here that are fractional pilots, we are at the relative beginning of a whole new industry. I think the future will paint this as a career job and not just a stepping stone. There will still be the young guys that come here to get their time and then move on to the airlines, and there will still be airline guys that retire and come here for a few years. I would just like to see us develope into an industry where a person can go and make a decent living over the long term.

For those of you that know me, you may be thinking "Semore is going soft", well just go $#^ yourself, you Mu65&^%-F7689
eat s^&*( and die!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and have whatever the &^%$* kind of day you want to have, the choice is yours, don't let some knucklehead screw you out of it!

A good contract for us is good for everybody. It will be a very interesting next couple of years for sure.

Latest resources

Back