Flexjet Pilot Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJL

I am interested in learning more about the benefits package for Flexjet pilots. I think I understand the salary scale, but I want to know more about the rest of the "package." If there is a place on the web that shows this info. please let me know. Thanks

(I went to fracstats.com, but the info. didn't say too much)

Benefits

FLexJet actually has a pretty good benefits package. If memory serves me, $10 copay on insurance.
think fracstats does a pretty good job of explaining everything. What it doesn't explain is the rest of the "package" . Mostly schedule and upgrades. The schedule really sucks and don't plan on upgrading for 4+ years, they are not growing at all. Although they are taking the Continental/Challenger 300, they are shrinking the 60's and 45's and 31's.
I have plenty of FO friends still over there. Most hate it.....but where else can you go?
When hiring starts again, most will leave.

Make your decision wisely, they have a training contract and have been known to pursue those that violate it. First year ages 32K annual, two year contract 32K. HMMMM!

Thanks friend. Is there a 401k or other retirement plan? How does it work? Thanks

What is the hiring outlook there? Do you have to go through the choose-your-own-adventure website or can you send your stuff right to the HQ? Thanks!

You can send your information to the headquarters. If you know anyone who currently works there, that would help put your app closer to the top.

As far as benefits, they have all the standard benefits offered these days. I can't remember all the specifics, but they are fair - not outstanding, but definately fair. Insurance co-pay is up to $25 per visit, or $35 for specialized. Rates go up every year!

Flexjet has been very good to my family in many ways - but also has been difficult - mostly in the time away from home. If you have small kids, like we do, it can be difficult. My kids tell their friends that daddy is coming to "visit". Try explaining that. The atmosphere is tense among the pilots. But the management does, in most cases, handle things fairly. I do think Flexjet tries to make sound financial decisions that will benefit the company as a whole, it just usually seems to involve dumping on the pilots.

You need to evaluate why you are considering working here. If you want to build Captain jet time, you probably should look elsewhere. If your looking to just to get typed and build time, you can get that here. It's not a bad place to work! It's not the greatest though either - I think SWA has that label in the bag :) Flex is hiring now. Hope this helps.

If memory serves and they haven't changed much:

The company matches 100% of your 401k contribution, up to 10% of your paycheck. 25% vested at year 2, 50% at year 3, 75% at year 4, 100% at year 5.

The company provides a 38% pension after 15 years of employment. If you made Challenger / Global Captain at that point, you'd be drawing around the $2,500 monthly range in retirement (if it's still there when people start hitting the 15 year mark).

The insurance runs around $30 a month, it was Blue Cross / Blue Shield when I was there, with a $10 copay. Dental insurance was OK, but better than most. Good network as well.

They HAD a Bally's Fitness deal where they took $8 a paycheck out for their Premier Gold membership, it was pretty sweet. Don't know if it's still there.

Vacation was two week's paid per year up to year 5, then one month a year.

All-in-all, one of the better bennies packages. Good luck,

Karen Parr is the head of HR as far as I know... she still shows up at the WIA recruiting fairs.

Good luck,

- Rich

Latest resources

Back