FlexJet offering voluntary seperations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rsm

I just heard Voluntary separation for pilots being offered at Flex. Is that true or just rumor?

What exactly is a "voluntary separation"?

Is not an early out option where they pay you to get out, and it sure isn't an extended leave of absence where you get to hang on to your seniority number, so what is it?

Is not an early out option where they pay you to get out, and it sure isn't an extended leave of absence where you get to hang on to your seniority number, so what is it?

It's a buyout. Not sure of the specific formula, but if your age and years of service equal the magic number, you are being offered a buyout.

There are 30 guys over the age of 65 who have no intention of retiring. This is an attempt to get the old farts OUT! The age ranges are from 73-47 who were offered a buyout.

He turned 73 on December 5. Way past his sell by date...:rolleyes:

He turned 73 on December 5. Way past his sell by date...:rolleyes:

He's not past his sell date as far as he's concerned.

These guys refuse to accept the fact that they're not good at this anymore.

here's an idea, maybe the medical standard bar needs to be raised a bit.. these old farts have been going to the same med-examiner for 20 years.. If we had the same medical standards in this country as they do in Europe, Australia, Canada or Asia, these guys wouldn't qualify for a recreational certificate...

I've seen some pretty out of shape 30 and 40 year olds around the fbos as well.

Many years ago, we called this "quitting."

I've seen some pretty out of shape 30 and 40 year olds around the fbos as well.

That is true, but what this individual illustrates is cognitive deterioration, not physical. One year after new avionics installation he was still not comfortable with with the functions. In this case, I'd take the fat chick...

Latest resources

Back