Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet is through all recalls, hiring off street soon.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question: What's the earliest date on the pilot seniority list @ Flex? Somewhere in the 1996 time frame?

Thanks.

pfp

So reading through this thread I see that some at FlexJet are upset because they got to keep earning for their families while the rest of us were furloughed. And now you are going to whine because you got to keep your job, Really! Did you have to go out and look for a job? Worry about feeding your family? Paying the mortgage?

To hear anyone whine about "being" stuck in a LR frankly makes me sick you could quit, we couldn't go back, and some that did were furloughed again. You have the nerve to whine about being "stuck" in the lear ask some American FO's about sitting reserve in LGA for more than a decade.
"I deserve a bigger plane!" "I paid my dues" New guys don't deserve the 300/604/5 we were being put in it before the furloughs dumba$$. If you are looking for sympathy it's between sh!t and syphilis in the dictionary.

"If you are looking for sympathy it's between sh!t and syphilis in the dictionary."

Good one...never seen/heard that quote before. Going use it this afternoon on the golf course.

So reading through this thread I see that some at FlexJet are upset because they got to keep earning for their families while the rest of us were furloughed. And now you are going to whine because you got to keep your job, Really! Did you have to go out and look for a job? Worry about feeding your family? Paying the mortgage?

To hear anyone whine about "being" stuck in a LR frankly makes me sick you could quit, we couldn't go back, and some that did were furloughed again. You have the nerve to whine about being "stuck" in the lear ask some American FO's about sitting reserve in LGA for more than a decade.
"I deserve a bigger plane!" "I paid my dues" New guys don't deserve the 300/604/5 we were being put in it before the furloughs dumba$$. If you are looking for sympathy it's between sh!t and syphilis in the dictionary.

You're absolutely right..we should stop complaining especially, about unfair I thought they were for making you guys re interview for those jobs. We will just be thankful that you have a chance. Maybe they will lower that first year pay because you're so hungry to be back.

You're absolutely right..we should stop complaining especially, about unfair I thought they were for making you guys re interview for those jobs. We will just be thankful that you have a chance. Maybe they will lower that first year pay because you're so hungry to be back.

No we do have to re-interview. I just think some people may want to climb down off of there high horse and see what it was like for those who lost out when the economy went to crap, be thankful for what you have not greedy for what you want.
As for being hungry, I am better off now than I was 4 years ago but I do thank you for worrying yourself over my well-being.

Last edited:

Yes, you're the only one ever furloughed with a family and a mortgage, I don't know how you survived it.

To be clear, no one "got to keep their job", it's a seniority system and they were smart/lucky enough to get hired before you. Further, I guarantee you that every one still working was just as worried about providing for their family, you're not special, get over it.

Who gives an F about the AA FOs at LGA... this is the Fractional forum.

The pilots that wanted a chance to move felt they did earn that right through theirs years of service, the company disagreed.
Now we know where you stand on the subject so I'll say "welcome back, enjoy life at the bottom of a stagnant seniority list but please don't ask for any sympathy about working 16 days including all the holidays, weekends, cause all you'll get is a dictionary.

Wow arent we some bitter and twisted aholes ... think... type..read..and only then hit post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I love the attitude that says some should just lay down and take it, because others lost their job. And then the lame attempt at guilt trips because someone got caught on the wrong side of furlough cutoff. Welcome to aviation. The last thing we need at Flex is more guys content to be doormats.

Sometimes I wish I had been let go so that I would have had the impetus to get out of this career and its relentless toolbaggery.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back