FlexJet FURLOUGHS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigFlyr

Just got the call less than two hours ago!!! Don't know how many will be affected. BUH-BYE!!!

BigFlyr,

Sorry to hear the news. Any details on how many and the "predicted" time out?

The aviation industry (minus Southwest, Jetblue and Airtran) is IMPLODING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned on the other thread... There was one class of 6 or so hired after me and there were 3 guys below me on the LR31 along with 8 guys on the LR60 and LR45... who were all junior to me (age wise). So that's like 17 or 18 right off the bat. They said they were furloughing strickly to seniority also... Good luck guys, and hang on to your jobs as long as you can!

Hate to see the furloughs at Flex,but with the well quail. pilots and the contacts they have made at all the FBOs I am sure they will do well in finding another job. I wish I had the contacts,but as a retiring airline guy I was on the wrong side of the airport,but still looking. Good hunting Flex guys/gals. Mobs

I turned down an interview at LXJ a few months back, what a tough environment. Good luck to all those affected.

I saw some Flexjet pilots last night. They said they didn't know anything about recent Flexjet furloughs or layoffs. They said that business has has been slow but they are "hanging in there along with the rest of us." Did this really happen?

laid off again

I got the call yesterday. I am officially laid off again on the 20th. Hopefully, it won't be too long but who knows these days. Chief pilot said he had no idea when we would be called back if they call us back at all. He said this wasn't a furlough but it was being done in order of seniority? Sounds a lot like being terminated. Time to start sending out resumes again.:(

Latest resources

Back