• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet DAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point: there will be turnover here, at corporate flight departments, and at the regionals. Rather high turnover for the foreseeable future.

Not that I believe 2 years is accurate, but upgrade at Delta is not a simple thing to analyze. Whatever the junior captain slot is, it is very unwanted by the vast majority of the seniority list. Reserve at a crappy base on an airplane with miserable trips. There are tons of 15+ year FOs who could easily hold captain who choose not to. They prefer to be senior FOs on the best planes at the most desirable bases. Their QOL is pretty good and they make close to junior captain pay or, as some claim, more. Along the same lines, before I retired, new hires were getting 767ER FO slots in JFK. The reason, no one was bidding them.
Helm

Not that I believe 2 years is accurate, but upgrade at Delta is not a simple thing to analyze. Whatever the junior captain slot is, it is very unwanted by the vast majority of the seniority list. Reserve at a crappy base on an airplane with miserable trips. There are tons of 15+ year FOs who could easily hold captain who choose not to. They prefer to be senior FOs on the best planes at the most desirable bases. Their QOL is pretty good and they make close to junior captain pay or, as some claim, more. Along the same lines, before I retired, new hires were getting 767ER FO slots in JFK. The reason, no one was bidding them.
Helm

Actually it is 23 months. Agreed about senior fos flying into, however, it appears a few were just given the chance to bump their pay from 90/hour to 200/hour, even if on reserve.

Don't forget the reserve hours are 65/month. Times 200/hour equals 130k/year. A domicile in New York with a crash pad and parking reduces that to 100k. Now compare that to 15 year pay, and the fact they get a 15% 401k contribution without you having to contribute a penny is a big jump. The next JCBA is going to be competitive or the morale will decline further at Flex.

Last edited:
I betting on the Morale Declining. you can't get a competitive CBA with no solidarity. and 51% is a far cry from that.

We (Flexjet) are seeing an exodus. I wouldn't call it a mass exodus as yet, but formerly career pilots are leaving.

At some point both groups flex and flops, need to understand one simple fact: you are in control of you're own destiny, not the teamsters, not the management, not the voodoo dolls, YOU!

Unless you realize you've the power to unify, check all of your past histories and fight for a singular good cause, you'll forever be unhappy. You'll be cursed with never ending strife. So grow up, learn what "you" can do to expedite a collective bargaining process. Hell, the outline has already been written for you.

But go ahead whine and compline and infight, you'll be cursed with living a life of blame and darkness. Oh and certainly run away, that's always the easiest path to success in life. Just ask those running the show how running away from problems made them billionaires.

Latest resources

Back