Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

awacs

Hey guys,

The Flex schedule is going on the road show, and the spin doc's are saying what a good deal it is.

To wit:

21 day schedule.
9 hard days off.

Inside the 21 days you are on call. The most that "they" say they will use you is 15 days on the road. You can go out for a 8 on 3 home. Then 7 on, and 12 home.This could change as needed. You only have the 9 hard days off. The say the 9 off would all be in a row.

What do you guys think?

awacs said:
Hey guys,

The Flex schedule is going on the road show, and the spin doc's are saying what a good deal it is.

To wit:

21 day schedule.
9 hard days off.

Inside the 21 days you are on call. The most that "they" say they will use you is 15 days on the road. You can go out for a 8 on 3 home. Then 7 on, and 12 home.This could change as needed. You only have the 9 hard days off. The say the 9 off would all be in a row.

What do you guys think?

Uh......How can they use you for up to 15 days then give you 9 off in a row within a 21 day schedule? 15+9=24.

Unless by 21 day schedule, you mean 21 days ON.

Last edited:
Jesus. For a second there I thought that was going to be the Flex as in "Flexjet" schedule. I wouldn't go for that....

Hey LXJ31, they will give you more time off but you will have to move to the new Gallup base.

Gallup...a place like that just sells its self. Food, folks and fun, Gallup has it all. I spent almost all my waking moments at that coffee place down the street.

But, compared to Winslow, Gallup is like the love-child of Las Vegas and New Orleans. I don't even get why Winslow still exists except for the state prison and that stupid song If I were President, I'd start my term by making good on my campaign promise to bulldoze Winslow into the ground, replant a bunch of cactus and pretend it never existed.

Actually worse

than charter, at least where I'm at. I left FLOPS at the beginning of the year for a charter gig. Only 4 hard days off a month, but its still a better deal. Since we have very few pop-up trips its more like 12-15 days off a month. I hate seeing FLOPs trips on the schedule because we don't get any prior planning... just like the old days, the phone always rings early in the morning and we get run ragged all day. The "management by reaction" method (otherwise known as stamping out the closest flaming duck mentality), under staffing of aircraft, and continuing attrition of the pilot force will ensure you get called out and/or spend most of those "on-call" days away from home with the flex. I just can't believe what the company is doing to you guys. For those staying... good luck brothers (sisters) I hope some sanity returns some day before the company is completely run out of business. For those looking, there are decent gigs out there so don't feel trapped, there are jobs-- even the "lowley" 135 charter gig I got was an improvement: I always fly the same aircraft, know the aircraft and the maintenance techs personally, and am making 1/3 more salary.

X-FROG said:
That schedule totally blows. I don't think that they will be able to find any volunteers.

All new hires will be on that schedule....which, begs the question....when will they decide that having a ton of FO's in the Beechjet(and other small cabins) on the flex schedule do them any good if they don't have the Captains to match? Then, they'll force Captains in the light jets into it. Shortly after, they'll announce that 20%(maybe more) of all fleets will be forced into the flex schedule. BTW, as far as I know, they haven't mentioned any extra pay for this additional 5 days of work.

Latest resources

Back