FL corporate shuttle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jcbfly

I am looking for opinions/suggestions/recommendations on a plane with a FL mission.

It will be used to fly b/w ORL TPA and FXE - occasionally JAX. The request is for an inexpensive way to transport 1 to 3 execs. As it gets damn hot, flying those altitudes, even in a jet, can be a sweaty experience. So, as I have thought about everything from a Cessna 330 to a BE 90 to a Citation 1/2, I would like to get info from the guys that have done this and I know there are a ton of you. No single engine and will typically be flown w/ two pilots whether it is required or not.

We have a LR25 that will make the trip if 5 or 6 need to fly, but tough for the boss to justify for 1 or two...

thanks in advance.

I'd say a King Air 90 would be perfect for this. It could do all those legs in less than an hour, and climb high enough to get out of the bumps.

I agree, King Air 90 sounds perfect. Now, I know you said no single engine but I would seriously consider a demo in the PC-12, great plane.

Might just want to look at a wet wing 414. A/C and pressurized, figure 180 knots or so. Lot cheaper to aquire/maintain than a King Air.
But, you will not look as cool exiting a piston. :(

Hung

This one is easy either CE500 or a turboprop. There are lots and lots, and you can get a non-RVSM one super cheap, and just put in for a slot for when they can fit it in. You'll be flying below 290 on those legs anyway. And execs love jets.

If the fuel burn is an issue, get the turboprop. I'm partial to the Cheyenne series (faster than the kingairs), but the 425 is a great airplane, too.

Pistons are a bad idea.

jcbfly said:
I am looking for opinions/suggestions/recommendations on a plane with a FL mission.

It will be used to fly b/w ORL TPA and FXE - occasionally JAX. The request is for an inexpensive way to transport 1 to 3 execs.....

We have a LR25 that will make the trip if 5 or 6 need to fly, but tough for the boss to justify for 1 or two...

thanks in advance.

I'd argue that it's much less expensive for the boss to operate only the Lear, than to add an additional airplane.

What am I missing?

Yea King Air 90

Our company uses a King Air around FL alot. Good $$ and has Freon A/C to run on the ground.

Latest resources

Back