• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Figures the FDX prima donnas seem to be the only ones defending such a ridiculous requirement, yet nobody can explain why other airlines do not require it, nor does there seem to be any legal necessity for it or law in place that requires it.

I neither defend nor criticise it. If you are interested in working here you will comply with it. Simple as that. The requirement has been published on our pilot hiring page for about 10 years.

The USPS imposed this on FDX. Before the postal contract it was not in place. I would guess that other airlines do not require it because their level of interaction with the USPS is infintesimal compared with FDX's.

Best of Luck. I always wanted to be an astronaut. They had some pretty ridiculous requirements though and I ended up as an MD-11 Captain for FDX. Go figure?! The only thing I'm missing is being an Orion trader in Green Animal Women.:D

Last edited:
I dont think wearing a clown suit nor name calling will help your chances...

I dont work at FX...

Still waiting word...I have been studying...any tips as to what additional things I should be looking at. I have been going over the ATP written test questions..anything else you guys that have been called recommend

Best of Luck. I always wanted to be an astronaut. They had some pretty ridiculous requirements though and I ended up as an MD-11 Captain for FDX. Go figure?! The only thing I'm missing is being an Orion trader in Green Animal Women.:D
That was funny is spit my OJ OUT. Thanks

I don't think I will ever get use to the autocorrect function on a phone.

The requirement discriminates against Americans who have been forced to go overseas for a job and who now want to return. But i'd gladly wear a clown suit if that will get me hired.

"Forced"? Really?

As long as it is within the law, FedEx can discriminate all they want. If they want to exclude those that lived in Kansas in 1996, they can.

So far one a month. I believe the January and February classes were 15 or less.m I've heard the March class will be bigger...I'll let you know in a couple weeks!

Latest resources

Back