• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest fleet plan has the 727 going from 90 in May2008 to 79 in May 2009 with 11 757s by May 2009. That was from posting 08-02. With the DC-10 going away after peak of 2008 looks doubtful that FedEx will ever again hire into the F/E seat.

My own observation is the guys who went the farthest in their careers usually are the most respectful towards others, while those who left with "something to prove..." tended to be the ones who try to brag or puff up their own credentials.

I don't post much over here any more, but couldn't pass this up.

I've flown with two ex-Blue Angels here, and went to dinner in Puerto Rico with another one.

In addition to being the nicest guys you could meet, not ONE of them mentioned their military career until I asked.

The one in PR and I were discussing the recent Blue crash in the Carolinas. He seemed to know a little bit more about it than usual, so I asked him - not only was he an ex Blue, he knew the deceased well. But I had to pull it out of him.

Few months later I took my kids to see the IMAX film on the Blues - and there he was....

Oh, by the way, I'm a GDI civilian, ex commuter, ex-freight dog, was interviewed by two Navy guys at FDX and they hired me. Oh yeah my sponsor was civilian, my (recently ex-) chief pilot (SM) is civilian, the captain I'll be doing a flight test with today is civilian, the head of MD standards is civilian, my sim instructor on the MD was civilian.... did I miss any?

My theory on Paris.

DHL comes to America.

Fred gets royally pi$$ed.

Fred begins setting up in the EU.

DHL backs off in US.

Fred backs off in Paris.

30W becomes similar to 38th parallel.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back