Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FJ can I get a "so to speak"

Falconjet said:
I'm just dying to see if the majority of folks who bid the right seat of the Bus this go around are going to come in on top of me or below me. I'm guessing that there will be more coming in on top of me than below me.

I sure don't mind either way, I just hope that they come from below.

I'm still betting on Aug 5th for the bid coming out.

FJ

Sorry FJ, you left yourself wide open.

Why the bus over the 10/11?

Thanks for all of the advie over the past year, it was a big help.

Bones

Bones: Yes, that post could be taken the wrong way! What I meant to say was that I hope that there will be some folks junior to me going to the Bus, as opposed to a bunch of folks senior to me.

Wow, that sounds a lot better.

Anyway, I prefer to fly domestic, shorter trips as opposed to the longer, international trips that are mostly -11 trips. I realize that the 11 does a lot of domestic work as well, but the Bus seems to be the replacement for the Boeing, so I figured the flying would be similar to what I am doing now.

Living in the planet means that I try to do out and backs and after taking a look at the bidpacks for the last few months it looked like the Bus had a fairly large number of those kind of trips. I won't be able to hold any of them for a while, but if some folks junior to me are able to hold it this time around (I am pretty close to the bottom on the current posting) my life will get better much more quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for taking it easy on me (way too kind!) for my poorly worded post and if I was able to offer any help in your job hunt you are certainly welcome.

FJ

Ok, just adding on to what we already know but the bid should be out any day now.

Just talked to an ANC FO who bid MEM FO on the last bid but has since changed his mind and wants to stay in ANC. Long story short his 'transfer' to MEM has been delayed until the end of the OCT bid month so he can make the change and be awarded an ANC FO seat again.

All that means is that the up coming bid will come out, close and the results POSTED by the end of OCT.

I'll believe it when I see it:p

Talked to an ACP today who said the Bid was coming out Next month, 148 WB Capts.

Don't shoot the messenger

WTFO? So the rumor du jour is no longer 5 Aug? I'm not planning on moving seats, but I'm still curious as hell what the numbes are gonna be like. I need to know if my Capt-in-2.3-yrs-plan is gonna work or not. Heh.

I don't know how valid the source was but I also heard during my turn in IND tonight that the bid was on hold until next month.....reason unknown. Delayed gratification sucks!

Any of you FedEx folks notice a trend in the bids or is it pretty random?

Example--after a gain of 4-8 net new aircraft...

Are you guys in the dark on the addition of new aircraft? If so it sounds just like a bureaucratic government organization. Leadership holding onto information with an iron grip and doling it out like crumbs to a starving man.

On the flip side, I guess there is no really good reason to spread info on the addition of new aircraft. It is in the SEC filings. But I would think it would help with pilot recruitment and overall employee enthusiasm. Is that allowed there? :)

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
<snip>. . .
Are you guys in the dark on the addition of new aircraft? If so it sounds just like a bureaucratic government organization. Leadership holding onto information with an iron grip and doling it out like crumbs to a starving man.

On the flip side, I guess there is no really good reason to spread info on the addition of new aircraft. It is in the SEC filings. But I would think it would help with pilot recruitment and overall employee enthusiasm. Is that allowed there? :)
The "fleet plan" is published and updated for every seat bid. I don't believe anything about the fleet plan is kept secret, but it is subject to constant change because of various factors: companies not going bankrupt, domicile changes, beuraucratic chaos behind the scenes. . .
However, the conspiracy theorists may disagree with me. . .

That didn't take long

Wow Deuce,

You're still in training....you are supposed to be in the "I am happy to be here mode...I hope I can get a right seat job real soon." Capt in 2.3 years? Doubtful....those hired just before the Postal contract saw Capt in 4.5.....even with hiring stilted before 911, those guys were upgrading about as fast as their bids could carry them, starting with the MOAB in Jan 2001 of 243 WB captains, 88 727 Cap....(that's no typo).....The junior person on property got an Airbus MEM the second week of training with a training date 13 mos out. The lack of hiring after 911 was probably the only thing that kept the sims from lighting on fire from continuous use combustion. Is it possible we could grow faster than that? IMO not likely...but I would like it.

P.S. Quijibo lives.........but where? El Diablo knows......where the heck is he?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back