FedEx rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

First, thanks for all of your advice and support in the past...I received the rejection letter from FedEx last week. What I dont understand is that I thought the sim, SBI, and the 2 on 1 interview went very well. The testing, who knows. I never saw it comming. Is there any way to find out what I need to improve on? Any suggestions on reapplying? And, is it worth the effort to reapply. If turned down once, why would they give you a second chance when there are thousands of other applicants. Your advice is appreciated. Sluggo

Try XJet, they are hiring. You can try Pinnacle, they are also in MEM, maybe you'll get lucky and get a street captain.

Most places wont give you any information on why you were rejected for various reasons. It does suck though, the not knowing. You would think they would have to tell you why since you spent the time and money jumping through all there hoops. I have had 7 Airline interviews in my career. Got hired twice ( 1 of the 2went out of business) out of 7 interviews and I turned another one interview chance down. Sometimes its just luck of the draw. You can do everything right and still not make it. You can usually figure out where you may have been weak during the interview process but sometimes not. Some guys have alot of luck and when you talk about interviewing, some were offered (in the old days) multiple job offers at once. I never had that luck. Always struggling to try to stay ahead of the furlough/Chapter 11/7 procedings. Best advice I could give is dont give up. Keep educating yourself on interviewing processes. Read books on interviewing techniques, dressed for sucess etc. Its a highly competative field and you need to stand out in a positive way to make the cut. Networking always is a big help too! If you know anyone on the inside is a major bonus. Best of luck in your future airline interviews.

sluggo said:
First, thanks for all of your advice and support in the past...I received the rejection letter from FedEx last week. What I dont understand is that I thought the sim, SBI, and the 2 on 1 interview went very well. The testing, who knows. I never saw it comming. Is there any way to find out what I need to improve on? Any suggestions on reapplying? And, is it worth the effort to reapply. If turned down once, why would they give you a second chance when there are thousands of other applicants. Your advice is appreciated. Sluggo
I can't offer any advice, but I can tell you that you are not alone. My partner is retired P-3 pilot. He's done well in the 135 world, has three Master Degrees, two Bachelor Degrees and a 737 type from the place everybody goes to, to get on with SWA. He has squadron buddies at SWA and FedEx and his brother is a training captain at FedEx. He recently got turned down by both FedEx and SWA. He leaves next week for one of the fractionals.

The guy is a super dude, fun to work with and I wish him the best of luck...I was really rooting for him to get in one of the two places.

Good luck sluggo!

Sluggo,

AWA is looking to hire 200 this year. 22 narrowbody Airbi's
coming the next 24 months. It's not as stable as a Fed Ex gig but show me a pax carrier today outside of SWA that is. Good luck and press on!!:)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Rhoid said:
Are you and your "partner" gay?
No, but when I crawled off your mother this morning, she said you were.

FN FAL said:
No, but when I crawled off your mother this morning, she said you were.

Good Come back FN FAL!!! I think gay might also be defined as someone whom can differentiate the fact that they've flown a C172 AND A C172RG!!

Latest resources

Back