FedEx Feeders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

I know FedEx has C-208's and other such airplanes being flown on FedEx contact routes. Is there a size or weight limit on what airplanes can be feeder either in size or payload? I know in the past some of the DA-20 operators have had contracts with FedEx.

The FedEx pilots have an extensive scope section of their contract, so the answer is yes, but a FedEx guy would have to tell you the details.

I know FedEx has C-208's and other such airplanes being flown on FedEx contact routes. Is there a size or weight limit on what airplanes can be feeder either in size or payload? I know in the past some of the DA-20 operators have had contracts with FedEx.

The only restrictions I am aware of was on the ATR/F-27 in which it was limited to 10,000 lbs. The 208's were only limited by the amount of weight the aircraft could carry on a given day. One thing I do know about FedEx's Feeder operation FOA is the company policy of utilizing all FedEx aircraft first before hiring a contractor to use aircraft not owned by big purple. That means both mainline and feeder aircraft.

Actually the 72's can take around 15000 lbs.

60000 lbs mtow. I used to work for IFL, and the 5800s were limited to 59998 I believe. That didn't last tho the union found out that they were certificated to 63000 and stopped the use of the stretch.

It's 60k MTOGW.

BTW-Love your resume.

Regards,
Fr8-

Latest resources

Back