FedEx feeder F-27

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SLUF4

Was flying into ATL on 26R today and noticed what looked like an older F27 maybe in Fed Ex colors in a parking lot on the east side of loop road. Any ideas? The wings were gone too.

Was flying into ATL on 26R today and noticed what looked like an older F27 maybe in Fed Ex colors in a parking lot on the east side of loop road. Any ideas? The wings were gone too.

It is Atlanta................... probably stolen and stripped in a chop shop. :D

Either an old Mountain Air Cargo or Empire F27. Replaced by the ATR a few years ago.

I saw that thing sitting there a couple of years ago when we were using the Delta MD11 sims. I guess it died there. Pitty, I imagine Fedex wishes they were still using those for reliability purposes.
As far as the F27's go, I got that T shirt and the hearing loss to go with them!!!

man i must be blind cause I've been flying in and out of ATL for a long time and never seen it there!

They do that so nobody will steal it. Same with the radio.

There are also 3 F-27s parked on a remote ramp at ISO-Kinston N.C. still in Fedex colors.

Latest resources

Back