FedEX Feeder dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8OR,
I think he's making fun in response to your reply about another guy being typed in the ATP (advanced turbo prop) and you said you were ATP typed too.

I think it was a typo meant to be ATR. He's typed in the ATR, not the ATP. The guy was making fun of that, not your rating.

As far as the FedEX drivers go. Some of them are independent contractors, but they're not actually working for another company; most are self-employed. And yes, FedEX is on their pay checks, they don't receive benefits from another company, and no, they aren't trying to fool anybody.

Last edited:
You seem to know everything there is to know
about FedEx. They sure must teach you a lot
in falcon school.

You're proving yourself a doosh-bag at every turn.
No one is trying to impress you, no one is trying
to impress line service. You mention flying "big
iron" and 'big money", does that impress you?
You don't respect a pilot unless you have wallet
and penis envy for him?

Get back in your Falcon and make believe you're
a big pilot flying BIG iron. I'll be enjoying my Van,
with no delusions of grandeur.

....and if someone asks me who I fly for? I'll tell
them whatever I want....mabie.... I fly for a Rubber
Dog poop company outta Hong Kong.

CE

...and I WILL be laughing at you...:laugh:

Let’s just all get alone and have a beer !!!!!!
We are professional pilots regardless of what we fly

Let’s just all get along and have a beer !!!!!!
We are professional pilots regardless of what we fly

Agreed.

Actually, he probably just didn't want to spend 10 minutes explaining to someone who the hell MAC is. :rolleyes:

Give this man a beer!! thx.

I don't care what I fly. The van is actually a good
time and I'm home everyday. There is more than
one 747 FO slot that makes less than I do. There
is simply no need to "upgrade" the plane I fly.

CE

I think he's making fun in response to your reply about another guy being typed in the ATP (advanced turbo prop) and you said you were ATP typed too. I think it was a typo meant to be ATR. He's typed in the ATR, not the ATP. The guy was making fun of that, not your rating.

I see, didn't realize he/she meant to say ATR - I did mean to say ATP. Didn't know where to put it so I put it under "Ratings."

As far as the FedEX drivers go...Some of them are independent contractors, but they're not actually working for another company; most are self-employed.

I thought all of them were independent contractors? I am talking about the 18-wheel truck drivers here...and I thought some of them were suing FedEx because they claim they are not "independent" contractors but rather full-time employees...?

Daytonaflyer-are you kidding me?!?!?!:rolleyes: Who gives a rats a$$ who they say they fly for? Does it affect you in any way? Highly unlikely. So relax, have a beer, and pick up a $2 whore. You'll be glad ya did.:beer:

That's right, it's okay if they're lying just as long as it doesn't affect me. If they fool others it's just fine. **Sarcasm**

The fact that it affected a very good friend of mine by this guy lying to her matters to me.

But I WILL have that beer.

I fly for MAC and sometimes it is necessary to elaborate, regarding the FedEx connection, in order to get the point across to non-aviation types....if you are an ailine transport pilot, then you are "certificated" as such, if on the other hand, you are type rated in the Advanced Turbo Prop, commonly referred to as the ATP, official designator BAE-ATP, then you have an ATP type rating. I flew the ATP for a United Express operator in the mid-90's and we were the only operator of the ATP in the USA, never quite caught on, I guess that is because British Aerospace did not give them away, as was the case for the most part with the ATR. I think this is the reason there were so many ATR's in the USA. the ATP by far is a better plane and funner to fly, in my opinion, having now flown both A/C types. bottom line is if you are type rated in the ATP, then I probably know you, this is the reason for my reply. I guess some of you younger guys may not know the history, so there you have it

Latest resources

Back