FedEx Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pecan

Coming from a military background, and having no experience with contract negotiations, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the upcoming contract that FedEx will be involved in next year.

I realize FedEx is continually turning a profit, but will ALPA and the FedEx pilot's union be successful in negotiating a generous contract in light of what's going on with the rest of the industry?

How ugly might things get next year, and how will it possibly affect us in the pool?

My ignorance in these matters is apparent, and I appreciate any informed info.

Thanks.

If I have learned anything at FedEx, its that rumors fly to and fro like a confetti, and often it is contradictory.

About the only rumor I believe anymore is that Elvis lives in Fred's secret suite on Hack's Cross and is the true logistics genius behind FedEx's expansion into Asia and into domestic ground freight. If you look closely at the FedEx logo (while on acid) you can actually see Lisa Marie Presleys boobs.

Now...as for the contract and "rumors" on extensions. My block rep said that he hasn't heard a word about contract extension talks from the company, and when they do hear something, then the crewforce will be info'd as well. In fact, so far FDX-ALPA has been one of the FEW sources in Memphis of reasonably accurate information, so I tend to trust them and their information. Jack Lewis, SCP, is also a straight shooter. When I see it in an FCIF with his name, I hang my hat on it. Everything else is chaff.

As for my FedEx bros on the boards...remember the mantra "my union negotiates for me". Common tactic for management at any company is to float trial balloons and see who bites....I propose we keep our holes shut and let our block reps do their job.

Just my 2 cents...probably worthless.

To answer the original question, our company has made money, our pilots have gotten much more productive, and our union membership is united and at an all time high percentage of the crew force. I have no idea what the final outcome of negotiations will be, but I'm there are a lot of people working hard behind the scenes on that very issue.

Fly safe....

Latest resources

Back