FedEx Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx Jumpseat

FedEx is welcome any time, any where on our jumpseats (JetBlue). Unfortunately, we do not fly into Memphis yet. 99.9% of us realize the difficulties you are in and on a side note, I for one appreciate the reciprocal FedEx discounts (75% off) I get from your company in return! Hang in there and welcome aboard JB!

Thank You

Thank You True Blue and all the rest of the 99.999 % of the really cool guys who go out of the way to help all (not just Fedex guys) of our fellow pilots... Jumpseating has been more difficult for everyone since 911. Many companies have policies only allowing the number of jumpseaters in the back as there are in the cockpit. I know several instances where captains have blown off this rule and taken everyone. Way Cool!

Currently at Fedex, there is huge battle going on over jumpseats and PIC Authority. Offline jumpseating is second only to PIC authority. I believe we are actually suing the company to allow off line jumpseating.

Mr Juniority.......I am really surprised you made it this far at SWA. They generally don't hire a$$holes. SWA has great pilot group! How'd you slip through. What comes around, goes around. Good luck in upgrade training....You might need it!

back to the original questions, from MCO-MEM, 1 day/1 night flt, MEM-MCO, 2 day/1 night flt, SLC-MEM, 2 day/1 night flt, MEM-SLC, 1 day/1 night flt...I haven't jumpseated in over a year, but I was treated extremely well by the NWA, SWA, Alaska and Skywest crews, looking forward to returning the favor in the near future, and I'll pour you the finest cup of coffee this side of Dunkin Dounuts(well, maybe not, but it will be hot and have caffeine in it;) ) Fly safe everyone,
Chip

I hate to stir the pot, but I'm gonna - I jumped home Sunday from MEM to a city on the gulf coast. The RJ captain was cool as can be, but the F/O basically gave me five minutes of Juniority's attitude.

I felt so bad about it that on Monday I just drove the 5 hours one way to work rather than risk a chance of another pill like that.

Juniority, believe it or not, you are a part of something bigger than yourself, and someday you may have to rely on the kindness of fellow pilots for something. My daddy (NWA) carried DAL (and other) dudes that didn't have J/S to work for years. But maybe the profession was a little tighter in those days....

And by the way, the current FDX jumpseat issue involves TSA/FAA rulings over PIC authority - it has huge ramifications for the rest of the industry, and our volunteers are in Washington weekly over this. If you think we're just sitting around apathetic about the issue, you are as uninformed as you are unfraternal.

Last edited:
Wow,

I can't believe someone would take that attitude towards the jumpseat.

Juniority, read Duane W's recent updates about how the government and cargo management are conspiring to further scr3w over the cargo guys (Cargo Security Act) and you'll realize the FedEx pilots need all the help we can offer right now.

The mindset of "If I can't play with yours, I'm taking my marbles and going home." is not the solution.

And just as a side note:

Years ago, my company didn't have a recip. jumpseat agreement (we had a closed j/s policy) Several pilot groups were kind enough to let our guys ride their j/s regardless of this. (Most notably NWA and SWA)

"We know you guys are working on it...." And we were. It was a strike issue for us in 98, and we now have one of the more liberal j/s policies in the industry (any open cabin seat is a j/s, unlimited offline riders)

Today, many of our senior pilots who remember the bad old days, also remember the way certain other pilot groups went out of their way to help us out, and we do everything in our power to make sure those guys get onboard.

I wouldn't be so quick to use your new found Capt's authority to make political statements. We're all in this together, and you never know when you may need some help.

Any pilot, cargo or otherwise, is always welcome on my j/s.

See: www.flyasa.com for route map.

just returned from a JSC meeting in Washington, DC. First they are working on this problem (off line jumpseating) and secondly let me also say that a cargo company is the one that is probably going to provide the technology for you JUNIORITY to off line JS(in the cockpit) on anybody in the near future. All JSC people there showed support for all CARGO carriers.

luvfan,

I am just curious- who do you work for? Your screen name obviously states your loyalties, and I see you name on the SWA Poolie List. Why would you want to be commuting on FedEx to MEM?

Just wondering,
FredFan

Latest resources

Back