FedEx anticipating training??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pecan

Got an email from KD today requesting my availability, military activation status, etc... Anyone else receive the same message? Looks like things may be looking up for folks in the pool...not so bright for those of us who've been activated. Makes me wonder how many FedEx pilots already on the property have been activated as a result of the military build-up.

I'm guessing they're just trying to get a feel for how many would be available for future classes if the need arises.

Same Same..

Got the same email along with all the other poolies I know....Im just glad to hear somthing from them.

Me too...sure was nice to hear from them. Wish they would do more email updates, bet it would save KD answering the same phone questions over and over.

FedEx Bid

It could have something to do with the March Bid that looks more and more like it's going to happen. The rumor has been floating around for months but the talk has picked up 10 fold just this week. In the HUB tonight I heard it from numerous CPTs that the BID will come out on the 10th. Openings for 110 - 125 MD11 Cpts. That would open a bunch of slots for new hires as a lot of people shuffle. Combine this with the guys called back full time with the military and even more openings should be anounced. Still just rumor until something is anounced but if the hiring guys are asking questions then things look good! Hope so for all you guys in the pool!

I got the email about availability as well. D@mn near had a heart attack when I saw an email from KD at FedEx! I believe this is good news for us poolies.:) :confused:

reserve activations

one more rumor

heard that 90 crewmembers have been activated fleetwide.

intel source: somewhat reliable,

Professional Flight Instructors

OK kids, they're interviewing for Professional Flight Instructors as we speak...interviews began last week. Word is for the MD11 program. I know because I was contacted for the PFI position by the program manager. How long it will take to get these folks trained and ready to train others is unknown. Good luck to all.

How long would it take to train that many MD upgrade Captains?

A little quick math that may be way off base. 120 Captains, assume half for growth and half for retirements would mean we would need 60 additional first officers. Then add another 60 or 70 first officer slots for guys leaving to be Capt in the MD or moving on to fill secondaries in the other fleets and you have 250 training cycles. If the schoolhouse is planning on training 25 per month (which again is rumor), you are looking at approximately 10 months to get the training done. Realize of course these numbers are based on a lot of speculation, so we will have to wait until the bid and the training letter come out to know for sure. Hope this helps.

Any word on the bid that was suppose to come out on the 10th? Anyone heard of any new hire classes??? Hoping to hear some good news!!!
Thanks

Latest resources

Back