• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't see how the union signing off on the VSP is compromising the CBA. If they signed off on it both parties would be in agreement. This has only caused more diversity among pilots. This was a really dumb move. Again who cares if a bunch of OLD Fks leave. Good riddance. Let's worry about the guys here that have 20-30 years left till retirement. Not a bunch of guys that should of been buried years ago.

You stay classy Shane Diego.

Options has had three furloughs and they used basically the same LOA. Why is it so important for this VSP not to include the same protections? If the old f_rt leaves, he isn't going to return. The junior guy might want to. Why should he give up his recall rights?

I don't see how the union signing off on the VSP is compromising the CBA. If they signed off on it both parties would be in agreement. This has only caused more diversity among pilots. This was a really dumb move. Again who cares if a bunch of OLD Fks leave. Good riddance. Let's worry about the guys here that have 20-30 years left till retirement. Not a bunch of guys that should of been buried years ago.

You need to do a little research. It absolutely has been tried before, and it does nullify our bargaining rights if we allow them to do that. It must be negotiated and in a letter of agreement.

Options has had three furloughs and they used basically the same LOA. Why is it so important for this VSP not to include the same protections? If the old f_rt leaves, he isn't going to return. The junior guy might want to. Why should he give up his recall rights?

First, a VSP has never been offered before. Therefore, the language in the LOA referring to the VSP obviously makes that LOA not the same as the previous LOA's.

If and old f_rt wants to retain his recall rights he doesn't have to take the VSP. The VSP is voluntary, and for those who DO want to permanently leave. Obviously.

I already explained earlier the absurdity of the union trying to force the company to allow a pilot taking the VSP to be allowed to retain his recall rights. That just makes the VSP a paid vacation with absolutely no benefit to the company, and only prolongs the still inevitable furlough that his seniority number was supposed to mitigate. Stop smoking crack. It is the union, not the company, that made an unreasonable demand, and in the process screwed those who did or are about to lose their jobs. Look around. You are about to lose your job. Maybe this week, maybe in the next 12 months.

The union is being asinine by keeping a VSP from every one of us. It is only losing our support in droves and accomplishing nothing but punishing pilots and destroying itself in the process.

Last edited:
You need to do a little research. It absolutely has been tried before, and it does nullify our bargaining rights if we allow them to do that. It must be negotiated and in a letter of agreement.

FUD. Obviously, if the union signs the LOA the company provided it is in agreement and nullifies nothing and lets those pilots get their VSP. No, it wouldn't have everything the union wants. As stated, some of those wants are ridiculous, but it does give the union something - a VSP to those who want it that is granted by a company under no obligation to even give any. The union's actions have only created a lose-lose situation for it and its pilots and the company still furloughs anyway. Real genius move, there.

FUD!

Last edited:
Yeah? Well, when the decert vote is finished and the 1108 goes bye bye, all because the union wanted to take the VSP from its own pilots, we'll see who was slow to catch on. Carry on, minion.

Hmm. I have 24 posts. I was called names from my first one for simply voicing my opinion on something that for other than a union minion, is a legitimate and true reality. Being called a management kronie, tool, or FoK. Union minion seems appropriate to me based on those responses. I couldn't possibly be a MiGs and think outside the box that the union tries to put is all in. Apparently you are not allowed a voice if you are to be a MiGs. And just think. Flexjet is seeing this. Seeing what happens to one of the union's own who speaks up and says hey, what the hell are you doing?! It's a mistake. Stop!

You need a kleenex or something? Get over it. "Minion" is being polite. The union is attempting to cost many of us about to lose our jobs a years' pay for idiotic reasons with nothing but FUD for weak explanations as to why. All it is doing is pissing us off more. This has become very personal, and I am not the only MiGs who is now more pissed off at the union than I am the company. So go ahead. Attempt to ostracize those of us who have varying opinions to the union minions. See what that does. (That would be a troll statement. Your fault if you take the bait.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back