Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guam360

spam and rice please
Anyone know or familiar with any Paragliding schools and their course fees?? thanks

Where are you located? You might check the United States Hang Gliding Association website.

CVG, but I will travel anywhere to get my P2 rating, just looking for a good price and inside info if anyone knows any..thanks

Hey! You should look up the Cloud 9 Soaring Center in Utah. I learned to fly hang gliders there. They do both para gliding and hang gliding, and are the largest paragliding school in the states (I think).

The soaring is amazingly consistent at the Point of the Mountain. After I soloed, I had 30 hours in only two months.

I don't know the cost, but I'm sure it is consistent with the rest of the industry.

Good luck! I was ecstatic to see a post from another aviator who loves foot launced free flight!

ps - www.ushga.org has good info as well as a message board

Eric,
thanks, I'l check them out,

In Guam we could soar all we wanted and I would jumpseat to Bali and fly there off the southern tip of Bali, on the Bukit peninsula. We didn't need a rating to fly.

So what I 've learned plus getting the official USHGA rating will allow me to soar all over the world where they require one, right??

free flight and no sound is awesome, I hear there are some great sites in Europe, I am planning on getting there with my wing.

later

I have to agree, having lived in SLC for a couple years the point is a great spot! There are few other places to soar so conveniently and so consistently. The PG schools do alot of business year round, I think a company called Superfly is nearby as well. The XC flying is also fantastic in Utah but usually quite inconvenient due to access, airspace or a long drive.

Get high, go far!

Latest resources

Back