Falcon 50 PIC pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with all!

NCHerches you are right none should be needed on either side! Unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

"SEVERANCE PACKAGE" is a better word for what I am asking not CONTRACT! Thanks fisherpilot!

Maybe broach the subject in the context of: "I've experienced this in the past and wondered if you have a policy that deals with A/C sales, department clousure, etc."

Keep it conversational unless they do have a plan.

Just my $.02.

TC

I have a good friend who is in the corporate world, a non-pilot. He has had a contract for every job he's had. It lays out things like the compensation package and vacations and what happens if he is downsized out of his job.

Why is this such a controversial subject? Think about it. Whenever one of these weathy people we fly gets into a business relationship, don't you think THEY get a contract? Well, of course they do! Look, the only reason we, as pilots, don't demand a contract is because we have not created an atmosphere in which it is not expected. Its OUR FAULT. We get into this business because we love what we do, and in return we allow ourselves to enter into business relationships (i.e. JOBS) on a handshake.

Having an agreement on paper about how things are going to work with an employer is not only a good idea, it is foolish to do otherwise. I have this conversation after the job offer and it has been well-recieved the few times I have changed jobs.

Last edited:
Things and pay are fine! When someone calls you...then you have a "SOMEWHAT" stable platform to negotiate.
We negotiated back and forth and all is within reason...and even though the job was threatened...I did not go below my OFFERED bottom line.
Was still hired and don't have to use the CONTRACT!

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Congrats TXpilot! And thanks for doing your part in letting employers know that our experience and skills justify a decent wage and severance if neccesary. You can be professional and gracious but still hold firm on a decent wage. I did that myself and I think the pilots that are involved in the hiring respect and appreciate that attitude.

I'd be shocked if you got over $65-70K in Texas for that gig, being 135 Charter. If you did better I say bravo to you!

Latest resources

Back