Falcon 2000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SAEflyer

Just curious, for the netjets guys, is the Falcon 2000 fleet separate from the 2000ex fleet? Different pilots? Is it a different type rating? I'm going to 2000 school soon and just trying to learn a little more about the program

The DA-2000EX is under 'operational control' of the DA-2000 group. Pilots fly one or the other, not both, due to the drastic differences in the flight deck.

There are only 2 DA-2000EX planes right now, and more to come I believe. I have heard that the EX has exceeded the company's expectations as far as overall performance.

SAEflyer said:
Is it the same type rating?
It depends. At NetJets it is a different type rating because we have the EAsy EFIS displays. The first few EXs produced still had the "old" EFIS flight deck and was a common DA2000 type. Once the EAsy displays were installed it became a separate type rating.

Also, the 2000 classic and EX are separated by class 3 and class 4 pay scales respectively. BTW welcome aboard! Maybe we'll be flying together soon. You'll love the airplane, and the job. Just curious is SAE as in fraternity? If so, Phi Alpha my brother.

Last edited:
I thought it stood for "Standard Automotive Engineering"
icon12.gif
lol
Just kidding
icon10.gif

I've heard that Cert 3 for the EASy is supposed to be released this decade.

As you probably already know, Dassault has a huge lawsuit against Honeywell because of this.

SG

Latest resources

Back