Falcon 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyChicaga said:
What are the differences between the 20 and 200? Glass?

No...

There are quite large differences actually...

Engines, Weight, Fuel Capacity, Wing Design and Systems... A lot of the 200's systems are from the Falcon 50.

Falcon Capt said:
No...

There are quite large differences actually...

Engines, Weight, Fuel Capacity, Wing Design and Systems... A lot of the 200's systems are from the Falcon 50.

Yeah, the biggest difference is the engines. 200's use a Garrett ATF-3. I met with a local DA-200 operator yesterday and learned enough in 10 minutes to know that we don't want a thing to do with 'em. Engines are a POS, hard to work on...tail-cone pretty much has to come off for any type of eng. insp. Crappy carbon seals (big surprise there, huh!!??), MSP Gold on a 200 is over 700 bucks an hour for mediocre support. NO THANKS.

IMO an F model -5BR 20 is a MUCH better deal. But it doesn't get away from the aging aircraft issues, and the maint. costs associated with such.

We're staying the course with a LR-60 search.

lear?

You'd have to give me 3 brand new lear 60's before I'd part with a 20F -BR with the collins proline 4 mod. The Falcon is in another league....even if it is 20 years old.

DA200 vs LR60

The Falcon 200 is a one of a kind airplane. It has its own type rating. I think the Coast Guard has worked out all the bugs.
Very costly to operate.
The 20F would be a better choice if your heart was set on a Falcon. The 20F-5BR w/EFIS had been running close to 10M. That may be lower now due to the economy.
The LR60 market has been in the 6.5M to 11M., very cheap to operate.
LR60: Pilots airplane.(PERFOMANCE)
Falcon 20: Passengers airplane.(COMFORT)

Latest resources

Back