• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fabulous FJ uniforms...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone at Flex noticed that KR management is keeping all you guys busy with issues like changing uniforms? Has he brought up the dedicated crewing non sense again? Or how about bonus for flying more AKA: fly broke illegal airplanes for more money? How about his open door policy?

Dedicated crewing is simply a union busting technique. Each is its own business that you have to interview for a position with. Five guys who unionize are easier to squash than the whole group. It wouldn't be on the table if there wasn't already a union on the property at DAC.

Let go, I would check your source. When people are let go the email says "effective immediately", his was the standard 2 weeks notice. He decided to move to a different company.

The SMS is still in place and would still prevent this type of issue from getting through.

KR told our management he wanted all pilots to fly from only from the left seat to make it more familiar for your folks coming over. Due to overwhelming negative feedback from the pilots the plan was scrapped. Now any pilot can fly from either seat on any leg.

Guess our management team was willing to stand up to KR when the pilots said no.

It's your story dude, you tell it how you want. I guess experienced managers often leave a company they've been with for more than 10 years, right after a buyout or merger, because something better happened to come along just then. Couldn't be any other reason. I think you are a trusting soul, just the kind KR used to screen for during the interview process with the PI test. You've read his book, right?

Tell us how robust that SMS is in 2-3 years. And again, good luck, I really do hope it works out for you all. I just wouldn't put any money on it.

Has anyone at Flex noticed that KR management is keeping all you guys busy with issues like changing uniforms? Has he brought up the dedicated crewing non sense again? Or how about bonus for flying more AKA: fly broke illegal airplanes for more money? How about his open door policy?

Not sure FJ crews are really worried about that. I believe it was one of your pilots that started this thread.

BlueNose;2493709[B said:
]It's your story dude, you tell it how you want.[/B] I guess experienced managers often leave a company they've been with for more than 10 years, right after a buyout or merger, because something better happened to come along just then. Couldn't be any other reason. I think you are a trusting soul, just the kind KR used to screen for during the interview process with the PI test. You've read his book, right?

Tell us how robust that SMS is in 2-3 years. And again, good luck, I really do hope it works out for you all. I just wouldn't put any money on it.

Have you ever met DR?

He is a stand up guy. He chose to leave and it didn't have anything to do with the DAC buyout.

Have you ever met DR? He is a stand up guy.

I didn't say or imply that he's not. Being a stand-up guy probably goes a long way toward explaining why he left.

How many mergers/ buyouts have you been through? We've seen 4 at FO. The string of management departures within a year after each was not because they all just needed a change of pace. And they weren't accompanied by an 'effective immediately, Joe has left to pursue other opportunities' email. It's more subtle than that.

Keep on trusting, and let us know how it all works out.

Last edited:
Dedicated crewing is simply a union busting technique. Each is its own business that you have to interview for a position with. Five guys who unionize are easier to squash than the whole group. It wouldn't be on the table if there wasn't already a union on the property at DAC.

You're on the right track but I think it's more a reward for the FO pilots that don't care for the union and want out. I don't see any pro-union guys coming over because they lose all the protections. And you can't unionize 5 pilots on a hybrid because they're still Flexjet employees on the seniority list. Pretty slick move by KR if you ask me. Nothing boosts morale more than having to interview for your own job and probably losing out to another company's pilots!

Ummm...Yes...That's correct...

So you are saying that at FO KR couldn't change your uniform. I am sure you have a committee, but does it say you can stop him from doing that without your appoval?

Uniform changes are contractual:

SECTION 9 UNIFORMS
9.1 Company Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
The Company will issue a pilot the following uniform articles and accessories at the time of hire: two black pants; two neckties for males or two cross-ties for females; one set of shoulder boards; two polo shirts; one v-neck sweater (upon request); one light weight jacket; one all-weather jacket; and one set of wings.

9.2 Pilot Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The pilot shall be responsible for the following uniform articles and accessories: white dress pilot shirts with flap pockets and epaulette holders, black business shoes, black socks and a black belt.

Enjoy those pinstripes...
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Uniform changes are contractual:

SECTION 9 UNIFORMS
9.1 Company Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
The Company will issue a pilot the following uniform articles and accessories at the time of hire: two black pants; two neckties for males or two cross-ties for females; one set of shoulder boards; two polo shirts; one v-neck sweater (upon request); one light weight jacket; one all-weather jacket; and one set of wings.

9.2 Pilot Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The pilot shall be responsible for the following uniform articles and accessories: white dress pilot shirts with flap pockets and epaulette holders, black business shoes, black socks and a black belt.

Enjoy those pinstripes...
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Huh.

The company has been providing my white dress pilot shirts with flap pockets and epaulette holders, black business shoes AND black belt at no charge to me for years.

Has anyone grieved this gross violation of section 9 of the CBA? [emoji57]

Oh, and where's my wings?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back