Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Newpilot2b

Trial Balloon going up...

What IF the FAA says to all Commercial Pilots. You will all become FAA Pilots and your airline will hire you from the FAA Pool. You would not be a Delta, Mesa or Alaska Pilot, you would be an FAA Pilot. There could then be a national seniority number that could be transfered to any airline, Training and sim would be standard. No individual airline training and to top it off No breaking Fed Regs because we would be Feds and you can't break your own rules. Also no need for Unions and a Retirement Pension?????

Give it a thought.....FAA has with ATC????

Also no need for Unions....

What a great idea! This has worked out so well for the NATCA controllers. What, with the massive cuts in the new payscale and draconian working conditions that were forced on them by the government. How can you go wrong!?! [/sarcasm]

Trial Balloon going up...

What IF the FAA says to all Commercial Pilots. You will all become FAA Pilots and your airline will hire you from the FAA Pool. You would not be a Delta, Mesa or Alaska Pilot, you would be an FAA Pilot. There could then be a national seniority number that could be transfered to any airline, Training and sim would be standard. No individual airline training and to top it off No breaking Fed Regs because we would be Feds and you can't break your own rules. Also no need for Unions and a Retirement Pension?????

Yeah, and one world religion, currency......peace on earth.......lol

A national senority list will never happen. There is no way to get everyone on board and it wouldn't be as fair. I would love to be able to change companies and stay at my current payscale. I also want to win the lottery, live on the beach, end world hunger, etc etc. More often than not in life we don't get what we want.

So what happens when Airline "A" doesn't want to Hire Dumbass pilot Mr. Jones?

I do believe that airlines should require the minimum of an ATP.

I also think that if ALPO sets a nationwide pay scale for each type of aircraft.
If you fly a 737 then this is your pay.....No matter what airline you work at. And this thing with getting paid $40/hr the first year and $120 the last? Makes no sense. Just because someone has been there longer means that they get paid 300% more? Same Job except the senior pilot only works less, holidays off, better schedules, QOL etc....

If you fly a CRJ here or there you should be paid the same. This would put an end to companies whipsawing the pilots, and put the emphasis back to an effective management group to make the $$$.

My. .02

what if they invented transporters.....
what if they stopped letting geeks become pilots.....
what if we have a revolution and took the goverment away and made a real democracy.....
what if they made F/As be hot again.....
what if they shut down all the pilot factories and stopped flooding the industry with these morons......
what if the person who posted this just shut up

Latest resources

Back