F9 closing up shop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmm.

So, Kwick--I guess the answer then is, "no, you're NOT going to bother to answer the question, nor explain your rationale in your rants." You'll just keep ignoring it, right?

But I bet I can count on you to wait a while, then make the exact same, dumb, unexplained and irrational accusations in your usual, bitchy form. Right? I mean, you're not going to let me down, are you?

Bubba

Let me guess. You had a rich uncle pay for your flight training, you paid for your
training to get a job at SW. It's your first airline , and you have absolutely
no clue how airline mergers work. If you buy an airline, you keep your seat and
your domicile, in most cases.

Only a Scab- Wannabee steals a seat at another's expense.

But you stole the seats from Muse Air, Morris Air, ATA, and AirTran!

I hope you you guys grow some balls, go on strike, and all the guys whose seats you've stolen, come back and claim their rightfully earned positions!

They can ride my Jumpseat anytime!

Let me guess. You had a rich uncle pay for your flight training, you paid for your

Just like I said--you waited two weeks, repeated the same sh1t, and still failed to address my actual question. Shocker. :laugh:

And no, no rich uncle paying for any of my flight training, and no paying for my training at SW--you must be thinking of PCL! :blush: I paid for everything myself, including my college degree, and although Southwest is my first and only airline job, it's only because it's the only airline I ever applied to.

And I probably know as much about mergers as you do, through witnessing what actually happens. And as it turns out from history, all pilots don't automatically keep their seats and domiciles--it depends on the circumstances. Also, a substantial portion of FAT captains ARE eligible for a SWA captain seat (I've heard 70%, but I don't know for sure); just not those with too little service. You must be one of those 4-5 year upgrade wonders who's pissed that his quick upgrade at a small airline doesn't automatically translate to every major in the country, ahead of thousands of pilots at that airline with much more service (wow, talk about taking a shortcut!! :eek: )

Lemme' ask you this, Kwick--ir AirTran had bought some tiny, paid-nothing startup airline, would you advocate giving your captain seats to even their instant street captains? And relative to boot, so they'd all be ahead of you. Somehow I doubt it.

Every acquisition/merger is different, and have different circumstances that must be addressed. There are NO absolutes, and there never have been absolutes. Even if you really, really want there to be. Sorry.

I take back what I said earlier about me knowing "about the same as you" regarding mergers. I'm obviously know much more about union business and mergers, because you clearly know dick. You still don't even know the definition of "scab," even though you've been told repeatedly. Get some more union experience, and then you can get back to me, okay?

I hope you you guys grow some balls, go on strike, and all the guys whose seats you've stolen, come back and claim their rightfully earned positions!

So let me get this straight--now you're advocating people crossing an airline union's picket line? More than that, you seem to be hoping it happens! What a piss-poor union guy you are. And by the way, since you don't seem to know crap-all about unionism, let me point out the ironic part for you: what you advocate and want to happen to Southwest would be actual scabbing. What you think is scabbing in your post above, actually isn't. Don't worry; I'm sure one of these days, you'll get it.

Bubba

Did you get the B-727 type as an Eastern scab .
I think I asked before and never got an answer .

Did you get the B-727 type as an Eastern scab .
I think I asked before and never got an answer .

No.

Do you still beat your wife?

If you fly a plane with the name "Delta"
on the side you should be on the Delta seniority
list and getting Delta pay. Otherwise, you
like Bubba are undercutting the profession.

I answered your question. Here's mine.

When someone asks you where you work,
have you ever said "Delta?" Be honest now.

Geeez Bubba, your real mean online!

Bubba, you have it backwards, as usual.

You took their jobs, they didn't take yours.

If AA bought SW tomorrow, I'm sure they
could justify bumping you back to 737
FO in LGA. But would that be fair?

Laws have been written to avoid the
abuses that have occurred in past SLI's.

Why not follow the law and allow a neutral
party to help decide, rather than hiring
some dirt-bag, Texas attorney to find some loophole , to circumvent
the law and screw your fellow pilots.

Last edited:
Bubba, you have it backwards, as usual.

You took their jobs, they didn't take yours.

I took nobody's job, dumbass. I got hired by a company, worked there for many years, and when I had enough time there to be senior enough to upgrade, I did. If someone crossed a picket line while my union was on strike, then yes, they would be a scab who took a job. If you seriously don't get that, then you really don't know shi1t about unions, do you?

If AA bought SW tomorrow, I'm sure they
could justify bumping you back to 737
FO in LGA. But would that be fair?

Laws have been written to avoid the
abuses that have occurred in past SLI's.

Why not follow the law and allow a neutral
party to help decide, rather than hiring
some dirt-bag, Texas attorney to find some loophole , to circumvent
the law and screw your fellow pilots.
As usual, nothing but BS, and more refusal to actually answer my actual questions. "Blah, blah, blah, I made captain here in four years; I should be a captain at any airline!" That's basically all you can repeat.

And then when that doesn't work, you up the ante with wild-ass claims like "You're a scab!", "You took people's jobs!", which are all not only untrue, but complete crap.

Unlike you, I'll actually answer your question (or maybe it's an accusation; I can't tell):

If I had made captain in a few short years at a small airline, and then it was bought by a American Airlines, then no, Kwick, I wouldn't expect to automatically be a captain at American, ahead of pilots there with many more years of service, who weren't senior enough to be captains there. What I would expect, is to have a job there, and for my service to count for something. If my fair place on the seniority list qualified me to be a captain, then I would expect to be one. If not, I wouldn't whine--like a bitch--for years afterward, accusing other pilots of being scabs. That's what I wouldn't do.

Tell you what sport, answer these two questions, and you might be taken seriously. I really would like to know what you think about these specific things, and something more than just, "because that's what I want":

1. Why does 4 years' AirTran service derserve a SWA captain seat when Southwest pilots with less than 10 years' Southwest service didn't rate one?

2. If you were a 9-year, senior FO at your major airline (say AirTran), hoping to make captain in the next year or two, and your company bought a tiny startup, would you want or expect that company's 1-year captains to get the AirTran captain seat you wanted, while you still didn't get one with your 9 years' service? You know, because they already were captains and all. Would that be okay with you?

And here's something else for you to think about: If our SLI had been decided by an arbitrator, then the only thing he would have decided was a list. Period. That's it. That's all he would have decided.

He wouldn't decide who gets a captain seat, nor who gets what payscale, but strictly what order pilot's seniority numbers appear on a list. That's all he would have been tasked to do in a single category case like ours. That means that even if he had given you straight date-of-hire, you still wouldn't be senior enough to be a captain here. He decides seniority alone. Don't you get that?

Answer the 2 questions. Or don't. Continue whining and whining, dodging and evading, and pretending that you got screwed and the rest of the world is on your side. Or better yet, grow up and get over it. Maybe someday, when you have more experience (airline and union) and maturity, you'll be able to upgrade here.

Bubba

No.

Do you still beat your wife?

If you fly a plane with the name "Delta"
on the side you should be on the Delta seniority
list and getting Delta pay. Otherwise, you
like Bubba are undercutting the profession.

I answered your question. Here's mine.

When someone asks you where you work,
have you ever said "Delta?" Be honest now.

Of course I say Delta

Everything said Delta.

Delta gave me the flying. They did not want it. GL still says its flying he does not want to do .

I have been in the JS of SWA aircraft and the pilots say the same thing
(ITS NOT FLYING THEY WANT TO DO )

Well. It a job . You guys don't even want the flying .Don't bitch when I am flying it . You gave it up in your contract

Only time is not Delta is if there is an incident .

Look no further than Colgsn airways crash in BUF.

As far as a wife . I do not want one,nor do I ever . They seem to cost way to much. It is Much better to rent. :)

Bubba just dose'nt get it. His corporation and "so called" Union have re-written the rules but of course, want cooperation from other unions and pilot groups. I doubt they'll get much help.

Latest resources

Back