Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pattern-Master

so get outta my way
I will be starting training soon over at expressjet and was wondering what to study before hand that will help me out. Also do you usually wear a suit to the first day of class or just business casual. Thanx for input.

Study your limitations and your cockpit procedures manual. You should know all of that stuff before starting so you can start working on it with your classmates. I cannot remember about wearing a suit during the first day. Sounds kind of silly now, but I think we all did for the first day. Better safe than sorry (but I really don't think anyone will care if you show up business casual).

Good luck,

Eric Pogo

Pattern-Master said:
I will be starting training soon over at expressjet and was wondering what to study before hand that will help me out. Also do you usually wear a suit to the first day of class or just business casual. Thanx for input.

Study only what they gave you...look over your flows. You will recieve your manuals when you get to class then you can start studying the limitations don't get ahead of yourself..You will have plenty of time to study! Class wear is business casual...jeans on friday with a nice polo shirt is appropriate..no suits! Lunch can be bought for around $5.00 during the week various vendors come in during the week (BBQ, Mexican,Chinese,and etc) Stuff is within driving distance if someone has a car or you can bring your lunch! Welcome!!

Stinker
Ex Waterskier Current Jetlinker

Just know whatever they told you at the interview. Know the flows, and not just the flowss, know what you are looking for and why when you do the flow. Know both Captain and FO flows and (single and dual FMS flows). Know what to do and what to look for when doing the Ice Tests, Fire Detection Test. Know what to look for on engine starts. Dress code is casual and dress down on Fridays.

All the ******************** is in the big ass white binder...

As everyone said, study the flows and whatever else told you in the interview. Some of it won't make any sense until you get into the systems class, but for now, the old rote, monkey-see-monkey-do approach will work.

First day of class is business casual, although there were a few in my class that wore a tie (no suit). However, a button-down shirt or polo, khakis and loafers are perfectly acceptable.

If you don't have any experience with turbine aircraft, get the Turbine Pilot's Fight Manual. It's an excelent book that's easy to read and will give you a good insight in how jet airplane operate. I've included a link to the US Amazon site in case you don't want to spend English Pounds on buying the book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...ref=sr_1_1/104-8085563-0913503?_encoding=UTF8

Otherwise, have fun and study. Welcome aboard.

Latest resources

Back