• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet JCBA is complete

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatevs. Whatever goes to the pilot group... And the mecs will send it to the pilot group. It will pass... Who r we kidding? The only thing a skywest pilot votes no on is a union.
Im thinking express will fall for the whipsaw...
I just wish, for once, the pilot group says, "i triple dog dare you."

No vote conditions from another thread.

here is what I expect, anything less is a "NO VOTE".

-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTAION POLICY (because SKYW pilots aren't going to support us.)
-5 hour min day.
-trip/duty rig based on actual or scheduled, whichever is higher.
-1 week vacation year 1, 2 year two, 3 year 5, 4 year 10(like the rest of the US)
-12 days off min every month for all pilots.
-alternate deadhead without approval (we're grown ups)
-eliminate occurrences (we're not hoodlums)
-eliminate duty in (we're grown ups)
-Use of sick bank for PTO
-no call for release on reserve (we're grown ups)
-simple do-fly/don't fly list for reserves
-immediate notification and release or reassignment for cancellations
-evenly split pairing length between 1,2,3 and 4 days
-75 hours min every month, no moving window
-all days off hard
-no floating days off on reserve
-single day off requires additional day off in same month for reserves
-hotel required in domicile when overnight cancellation
-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTATION POLICY (because ALPA sold us out when they amended it in the TPA)
-specific transparent formula for reserve coverage, not whim of Skd supv.
And of course, No loose language!
You forgot "--No involutary TDY." If there's a need to temporarily rebalance bases, put a bid out to the line pilots. Don't screw all the reserves with 5 day trips that just aren't called 5 day trips. For a while they were even TDYing multiple ATL guys to DTW and simultaneously TDYing DTW guys to ATL, just for scheduling's convenience.

The abuse of that one makes it a deal-breaker for me. But I'd give it a 0.0001% chance anyone on the negotiating committee even gave 2 seconds of thought to that one. Overall not optimistic.

Whatevs. Whatever goes to the pilot group... And the mecs will send it to the pilot group. It will pass... Who r we kidding? The only thing a skywest pilot votes no on is a union.
Im thinking express will fall for the whipsaw...
I just wish, for once, the pilot group says, "i triple dog dare you."

I would bet if we vote yes on a concessionary contract the Skyw coat-tailers will get cuts as well. Then they will blame us.

You forgot "--No involutary TDY." If there's a need to temporarily rebalance bases, put a bid out to the line pilots. Don't screw all the reserves with 5 day trips that just aren't called 5 day trips. For a while they were even TDYing multiple ATL guys to DTW and simultaneously TDYing DTW guys to ATL, just for scheduling's convenience.

The abuse of that one makes it a deal-breaker for me. But I'd give it a 0.0001% chance anyone on the negotiating committee even gave 2 seconds of thought to that one. Overall not optimistic.

That wasn't for Skd convenience, it was for harassment and incompetence. Added to my conditions. Thanks

I would bet if we vote yes on a concessionary contract the Skyw coat-tailers will get cuts as well. Then they will blame us.

Actually, the SkyWest pilots will probably have theirs all done before yours even goes to a vote. So much for your coat-tail riding theory. If anyone is riding coat-tails, its the unprofitable company leaching off the one with it's sh!t together.

Actually, the SkyWest pilots will probably have theirs all done before yours even goes to a vote. So much for your coat-tail riding theory. If anyone is riding coat-tails, its the unprofitable company leaching off the one with it's sh!t together.

FYI (SAPA UPDATE)

Pay Negotiations
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]I hope many of you had the chance to listen in to the earnings call or read the press releases because SkyWest Inc. just announced a very profitable quarter. Despite current challenges in the industry, SkyWest continues to show that it is possible to pay pilots at or near the top of the industry and still be profitable. Finding new ways to remain profitable, and winning new contracts is still a primary focus for SkyWest Airlines and SkyWest Inc. leadership. SAPA maintains that the employees at SkyWest contribute greatly to the success of this airline and we will continue to push for pilot pay and work rules that will keep us at the top of the industry. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]The negotiating committee and SkyWest leadership met on October 29[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]th [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]for a full day of talks and a few follow up conversations have taken place to discuss the remaining issues. At this point, the negotiating committee does not have a deal they can recommend to the SAPA board but we are working to that end. Our direction from the board and our expectation is to secure a short term agreement with a few small improvements for pilots. The company is simply unwilling to offer huge raises. We have spent a lot of time talking about the effects of the new rest rules, pilot attrition and training, and securing new or renewed flying contracts. A couple of the final holding points are; the pay structure for the E175 and the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]SkyWest Airlines Pilot Association [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]company wants to address an operational issue with cancelation reserve in relation to upcoming FAR 117 changes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]We have no timeline on when (or even if) this will be complete. Our negotiating process is such that the SAPA negotiating committee will first recommend a deal to the SAPA Board, then the Board will vote to send to the pilots for ratification. We will continue to work with the company until we have a deal that we are [/FONT]
[/FONT]confident [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]the pilots will support. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Glad you can stop by XPO between checking eBay & Craigslist and occasionally generating that automatic dispatch release. Know what XPO? No one really gives a f€?k about SKYW pilots and their "agreement" (not a contract, a contract is enforceable). Why you continually appear on here bashing the XJT side of the house baffles me. Other than to get a rise, or lean over to the dispatcher next to you and say "hehe look what I just posted on FI". Or, perhaps you're management. There is a dispatcher forum on FI, but none for management weenies. "Looser"

The Skywest pilots have in writing that whatever ASA/XJT get in matching funds, healthcare, and scope, they get. That's the definition of riding coat tails. As for profits, that's management's job, not the pilots. Inc is the failure so far in that regard.

Latest resources

Back