expressjet interview question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cobalt

hey... just curious.... for the rest of you that don't have a FAA Restricted Radio-telephone operator permit that the email says we need to bring.... I assume we can apply for one and bring a receipt or something?? (unless you can get it right away, i haven't researched how to get one yet)

if anyone knows, thanks....

These things are so outdated, but anyways, I got one before 9/11 when my first interview was supposed to be, if I remember correctly, you go to the website, fill out some stuff, pretty easy really, pay $50 online, and you'll get it in the mail the same week. As for a receipt, hmmm, don't remember having one to print out. Hope this helps.

You'll need this cert. to fly internationally. It's an ICAO requirement to have one if you're going to talk on the radio.

I can remember when these use to be free. Now you go to the FCC's website and do it all on line. It's called a "Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit". The cost is $50. You do print off a "temporary" after filling out the form and making payment. It takes a few weeks to get the permanent one.

Happy Landings,

Dave

I also notice they want a copy of your Passport... what if you do not have one? I never saw any requirements on there web page, and if i had known they wanted that i would have waited to apply until i had mine. How long does it take to get one of those?

Also, besides the FCC permit (another one i didn't know i needed) and the passport, are there any other little things we will need... maybe an ATP or something?

i know you can get a passport quick, like in a day or two, but you pay a lot extra. you can do it at the post office. it is $85 for normal fees, and it took me about 3 weeks to get it back in the mail, for the express i think it is about $100 extra (i don't remember exactly).

other things not on the list i would think we'd need....(and i'm gonna bring)

-driving record
-10 year work history

When I was hired you didn't have to have the passport or radio permit at the interview. After I was hired they gave me some info on how to get both of these and I was able to get both of them while waiting for my class date. You might want to ask Dawn and see if the rules have changed. 10 year work history is a good idea and driving record as well. I also brought 5 letters of recommendation and a break down of my flight times. They use to use that VERY annoying flight grid, not sure if they are doing that any more.

Work history, be sure to have where you worked.....ie address, phone number, name of your boss, the dates that you worked there ect.

I believe they also asked for where I lived in the last 10 years. Address, name and phone number of land lord, dates you lived there ect. I think they just needed that to make sure you weren't in jail or something lol.

If I think of any more, I'll let ya know.

The quick passport method would work if you feel better about having the passport when you interview, but I seem to remember something about only needing proof that you have applied for one. Don't quote me on this because I may be wrong. Check with the company, and go apply for a passport the next chance you have. It'll be one less thing to worry about.

The email i got from dawn states that we need a copy of the picture page of our passport to be turned in with other copies of documents when we show up for the interview. We still have to fill out the flight time grid.

Interview Instructions questions

Received the interview instructions from Dawn yesterday. The formatting of the file (read-only .doc) is a little screwed up: The flight time grid spills onto two pages. Did/does anybody else have this issue?

Also about the photocopies: Pilot certificates front and back on the same page or seperate pages?

Anybody know when the next few classes are? My interview is towards the end of June.

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back