ExpressJet growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

norskman2

I've seen the other threads about XJet hiring like crazy and lowering minimums.

What's going on? Is it all because of the flowbacks going back to CAL? Is XJet adding new planes? If so, how long is the growth expected to continue? In short, how long is the hiring frenzy likely to last?

(I've read the other forums about potential strike, working conditions, pros/cons about working at XJet -- so please, no flamewars about Xjet being good or bad).

norskman2 said:
I've seen the other threads about XJet hiring like crazy and lowering minimums.

What's going on? Is it all because of the flowbacks going back to CAL? Is XJet adding new planes? If so, how long is the growth expected to continue? In short, how long is the hiring frenzy likely to last?

(I've read the other forums about potential strike, working conditions, pros/cons about working at XJet -- so please, no flamewars about Xjet being good or bad).
Yes all the above.. They are getting new planes, routes, and CAL is recalling. So yes there is a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** load of movement there. Everyone I talk to say there is no end in sight with the growth but that seems a little too optimistic for me to believe. Another 9/11 and we will be back in the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ter agian.

Last I heard was 800-1000 pilots in the next 12 months. Everyone that I know that works there is happy. I hear a lot about the strikes too but don't know how that will affect hiring or upgrade classes. The only thing that I don't think it will affect is the pilots leaving to go back to main line.

Its Anyone's Guess.
Doogie

All of what you said is true. We are getting 1 or 2 erj 145 xrs for the rest of the year and some into 2005. 250 flowbacks from continental are leaving about 30 a month or so starting this month. So put those to together it makes for alot of pilots to get hired. We have been running 2 or 3 classes a month now to fill these slots.

On the flip side there is talk about strike. But from what people are saying, it's just part of the negotiating process. The contract has reached a stand still and this is the only way to move forward, or force to move forward negotiations. I personally don't think a strike will happen in its true sense, only on paper...but who knows.

We have plans on hiring folks through the end of the year and probably into next year. Beyond that we'll just have to wait and see what the airline industry is throwing at us then.

I think once US Air liquidates that expressjet will buy up the majority of those assets. Management has made it very clear that they need to buy somebody in the near future and they will get a liquidation at a steal so that is my bet. After 2007 they won't be doing much for CAL. Probably that flying will get split up between Chautaqua, Skywest, and Mesa.

Hmmm...in fact I'm on the Xjet Web site, and it says they're expecting to add 21 XRs this year, 21 in 2005, and 8 in 2006, and have an additional 100 options

are they REALLY going to hire pilots with 600tt. I just rolled over that and applied for the he!! of it, but I can't see how I'll be competitive, unless they to mold pilots into exactly what they want. oh well, good luck to me.

We currently have a fleet of 240 A/C I believe. We recieve approximately 2 per month. Should continue that way through 2005. Final planned fleet total for CAL flying is 275 by '06. We do have 100 options, and those can be exercised for any Embraer product, I think. With the CAL flowbacks, natural attrition, and new aircraft, the hiring should continue for a while. There have been more than 300 hired so far this year.

box

The latest bid had pilots in the 10/00 class upgrading in EWR, 09/00 in IAH, and 03/00 in CLE. So upgrade time is running at about 4 years right now. With the CAL guys going back and the growth we have been seeing, that will probably continue to go down to 3 years by next summer. That is of course if nothing changes, which we know will not happen so this is all subject to change. When we open up the LAX base, buy CHQ, and convert our 100 options into 190's, things will certainly change just a bit.

platinumclub said:
are they REALLY going to hire pilots with 600tt. I just rolled over that and applied for the he!! of it, but I can't see how I'll be competitive, unless they to mold pilots into exactly what they want. oh well, good luck to me.
You should get hired just based on your avatar alone...

Latest resources

Back