Expediting a passport renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airbaker

Does anyone have any good suggestions for getting a passport renewed quickly in the LA/Orange County area? I have a few good CUN layovers next month that I'd hate to lose.

Thanks!

Couple ways to do it. 1) get a letter from your HR requesting that your job needs a passport immediately. Then call then passport 1800 to schedule an app. Go to the agency they tell you closes to your house and they will give you a passport that same day. 2) Go to your local courthouse and pay for the expedite fee. I did this and got mine 11 days after I applied and that included x-mas and new years

Does anyone have any good suggestions for getting a passport renewed quickly in the LA/Orange County area? I have a few good CUN layovers next month that I'd hate to lose.

Thanks!

I agree with the above posting. Get a letter from your HR on Letter head of not is not published already stating that you are a Flight Crew member requiring a passport and go to the Local Passport Office which there is one in SFO, as i am sure there is one in LA. They should get it done for you in a day. My company has contracted with a company that has all this stuff and has the forms etc. even the company letter head form where you just imput your name etc.. and they get in done and back to you in a week or so.. Check to make sure your company doesnt have an outside company set up for the passport stuff first before you go and sit at the passport office if you go that route.

I listed myself for an international flight leaving within a week. Printed a few copies of the listing and then contacted ARushPassport.com. They took my info, listed flight, payment and I had it renewed within a week. I highly rec'd them...quick and easy...just follow their directions.

Get a letter from your Chief Pilot or Scheduling Dept. on Company Letterhead stating you are a Reserve Crewmember and can be called to fly international at any time. Go to the Federal Building @ Federal Building 11000 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1000 Los Angeles (405 & Wilshire) first thing in the morning (call for hours). Bring about $140 Cash and the filled out form and photos(you can fill it out on their website). They will take all your info then tell you to come back at 2pm for your passport. It takes all day but you will get it.

Just a note leave your cell phone in your car, if it has a camera. They will NOT let you past security with a camera phone and you will end up standing in line again. I saw them turn away lots o' people who could not read the signs!

go to your local state senator's office...tell them you're a staunch supporter/voter..present your situation...he/she has mail going into DC daily..I recieved my renewed passport 2 days later!

Latest resources

Back