Expected movement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetFumes

Just curious what a new hire at the new United, Delta, or American could expect in terms of upgrade times, time to get into a widebody, etc. How long to get a base west of the mississippi? Thinking about leaving my current employer (JetBlue).

Just curious what a new hire at the new United, Delta, or American could expect in terms of upgrade times, time to get into a widebody, etc. How long to get a base west of the mississippi? Thinking about leaving my current employer (JetBlue).

Once we (Delta) start hiring, presumably late next year, it should continue for quite awhile. We have a ton of retirements coming up so I assume one could hold widebody FO fairly soon. However, it should be noted that Delta is not aware that there is anything west of the mississippi. :)

Once we (Delta) start hiring, presumably late next year, it should continue for quite awhile. We have a ton of retirements coming up so I assume one could hold widebody FO fairly soon. However, it should be noted that Delta is not aware that there is anything west of the mississippi. :)

Same with all the legacies...not unique to DAL.

Is JB that bad where you'd consider leaving for AA or United? (Delta I could understand) No offense to those two carriers, but they don't seem to be the happiest of pilots.......

People in the training department have been telling people lately in recurrent that there could be 7000 new hires in the next decade. That mirrors what the VP of Flt Ops stated, and the System Chief Pilot stated "at least" 3500. To get to 7000, there would have to be a lot of retirements mixed in with a lot of growth. That means quick movement upwards. There is a one year seat hold for new hires on the initial equipment, and then each upward bid has a two year seat hold. New hire pay by 2015 will be $71 an hour.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Is JB that bad where you'd consider leaving for AA or United? (Delta I could understand) No offense to those two carriers, but they don't seem to be the happiest of pilots.......

JetBlue is a good place to work overall. I'm a west coast guy, however, and there's not much hope for any movement out here. A transcon commute is what I'm looking at if I want to upgrade. I'm also looking at the new payrates combined with base diversity, plus the retirement package and health benefits (ours were just gutted), and the picture starts to get interesting. I've been over 7 years, and have consistently been below my peers in many areas. To be fair, I could have upgraded, but I have a young son, and the commute would be a killer for not that much more money.

Forget AA. With management being able to outsource 50% of domestic flying, you'll see huge decreases in pilot jobs, besides being an unhappy place to work.

Expected movement is towards chapter 11....

The increase in cost and the reduction in demand will significantly stress all the airlines during the next few years

Well with the new scope at UCAL if the TA passes I expect movement from the bottom of our list to the bottom of Skywest or Republic lists, or maybe UsAir for the lucky ones.

Latest resources

Back