• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Exhausted at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here's an idea, quit your b$tching, so many other people would love to have your main line job, but instead of enjoying it your whining! go work for a regional and feel greatly for having what you have

How many time zones do you cross in a 4 day trip in your CRJ? How many red-eyes do you do a month?

Walk a mile... TC

Seriously, yes - it's gotten far worse and something needs to be done about it. PBS isn't helping, either. It has no filter to keep you from being assigned a trip that finishes up in your base at 0900 and sends you right back out that night at 2100 for a redeye turn.

And I agree, don't answer your phone on your days off. Scheduling will hose you enough as it is....

Actually, as of last month we have a minimum in base setting for pbs to avoid this. Yes PBS sux beyond belief, but I think it is more of a staffing issue. (which will probably never get better).

How many time zones do you cross in a 4 day trip in your CRJ? How many red-eyes do you do a month?

Walk a mile... TC

Is your "quip" trying to mock an RJ guy's fatigue?

12-14 hour duty days with 5-7 legs flying a slatless 130-140 knot ref approach to outstation airports with short to medium runways AND stand up or sheduled min rest 8 hour layovers?

And you're beetching about doing a one legger red eye or doing your 20 hour Europe layover?

Been there and DONE all that... Regionals/Commuter schedules are not to be mocked!

Actually, as of last month we have a minimum in base setting for pbs to avoid this. Yes PBS sux beyond belief, but I think it is more of a staffing issue. (which will probably never get better).

Glad they fixed it. I didn't even notice - I must have been fatigued.....:D

I'm new at CAL and I have a contract question. Is there anyone on here who is pretty familer with the reserve system and how scheduling can roll days off? If so shoot me a PM please. I think I'm being hosed.

I think part of the point is that Mainline schedules are now looking more and more like those we hated at the commuter level.......

Ya Clipper, what red-eye have you done? And I'm not talking about where your boyfriend shot the load......

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back