• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard last night that 492 is in MZJ getting the seats taken out of it. Then it will head to China for a cargo door and floor.. So we will see what happens.

I dont live in MZJ.. So maybe if one of the crew that is down there picking up 488 has a camera they can snap a picture.. All I know is what I was told last night.. In fact I really don't care on way or another..

I dont live in MZJ.. So maybe if one of the crew that is down there picking up 488 has a camera they can snap a picture.. All I know is what I was told last night.. In fact I really don't care on way or another..

according to my well placed source in the aircraft leasing business.... the plane is under negotiation still, and being converted by the owner no matter what the outcome of the sale/lease to Evergreen will be. At this point there is a letter of intent and nothing more from Evergreen to the lessor.

Well maybe your friend is correct.. Who the hell knows. I only know what I have been told and I am passing it along here. Everyday our MX dept at my station get a list of the A/C and the MX status (Open DMI's and time till next a check total time) that kind of stuff. On fridays sheet under N491EV it showed N492EV 747-400 with 76000 hours on it. Like it said before I don't know.. And you are correct that the plane was going to be converted with or with us getting as they already had the door slot in China.

It really blows that they keep telling us new airplanes are coming, then in the end they say that they couldn't agree on lease rates.

A few years ago we were told that 3 B747-400 BCF's were a done deal. We got the manuals updated, told to study the differences and limitation sections. It looked really good for those of us here. Crews got trained for the new aircraft too.

Without warning we were then instructed to pull the BCF info from the manual because another airline got the BCF's. Then the scramble to decide who gets to stay on the B747-400 and who goes back to the classic.

We also had the Jade thing, more BCF's again and then two more B747-400F's that never showed up. This last BCF is just the latest rumor and I really do hope that we get this plane.

This just keeps going on and on. "We have new airplanes arriving", then a few months later "The airplanes went to another airline".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back