ERAU Online

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
University of Colorado-Denver

University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, just to name two.

Not sure what you mean about accelerated. Most stick to some kind of semester schedule.

Also University of Phoenix. Not sure about its accrediation though.

OviedoBob said:
Not sure what you mean about accelerated. Most stick to some kind of semester schedule.

Sorry bob, when I replyed I was looking at your post and I misread it.

I have been accepted to ERAU distance learning and I am about to start the registration process. I am, however, beginning to question the cost. As of right now I am able to get a good amount of financial aid, but I am not sure how much.

Run a FlightInfo search for online degrees. Lots of good info. You can also try www.degreeinfo.com to get yourself started. I know 15-20 ERAU grads and I have'nt seen their BS degree help them in any special way. Most of them are either at or trying to get on with the regionals with some serious school debt hanging over their head.
F16fixer said:
If something happens to you along the way with your health or one of the other million things that could disqualify you from flying w/ a first class cert. where is that degree going to take you?
Excellent point. I had an accident this week where I got hit in the face and hurt both my eyes. At that instant my whole career flashed before my... well...eyes. It was scary.

Now if I could just get my girlfriend to believe my story about how I got 2 black eyes.:eek:

I agree with wndshr.

I went to the campus for a year, then later tried the ERAU Online - but disenrolled before starting for financial reasons. $600 for one course was just too much, especially when the airlines don't care where you got it or what you have a degree in... just as long as you have one.

I knew someone who went to the ERAU campus for the BS Pro Pilot ($180,000 including FT), got 1500 hours with ATP license, and now is working at an FBO desk. He doesn't want to fly anymore and now wants to get into Business Management. He's stuck with student loans from the Pro Pilot degree. Bites.

Last edited:
I am kinda in a sticky situation. I have to start paying back on my student loans in April and I can defer it longer if I get enrolled in classes at least half time. I really need to move on this quick simply because I will not be able to make payments starting in April.

I was accepted at ERAU online but have yet to register. Does anyone have any suggestions to any other online school that I can get some classes taken care of?
36 Credits is really hard to walk away from though.

You might want to try Utah Valley State College www.uvscaviation.com. It's cheaper than Riddle. You really have to stick on their case if you see any mistakes academically and financially, because the majority of the online program is run by students. You don't really have to buy books for the aviation courses, most of the answers can be found online through their site or Googled.

Iceman21 said:
I am kinda in a sticky situation. I have to start paying back on my student loans in April and I can defer it longer if I get enrolled in classes at least half time. I really need to move on this quick simply because I will not be able to make payments starting in April.

I was accepted at ERAU online but have yet to register. Does anyone have any suggestions to any other online school that I can get some classes taken care of?
36 Credits is really hard to walk away from though.

I'm currently enrolled at ERAU in Daytona. I'm a Jr and should be out of here next spring. I'm heavily considering transferring over to their extended campus and finishing up online. This summer they are running a special if you register by April you pay for 1 class get one free (wow!). And online is so much cheaper...$30k/yr compared to $5k....lemme think about that one.

Only thing I'm concerned about is a lot of times companies don't think as highly of degrees obtained online.

An employer won't be able to tell the difference between the B.S. in Professional Aeronautics, and what you are now working on, unless they themselves went through the program. Don't sweat it. Just ask pilotyip, he thinks the degree is useless anyway

Its really more a concern of my parents then my own...and they are footing most of the bill. But something I'm going to look more seriously into.

Latest resources

Back