Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILStoMinimums

Hey everybody,

What do you all think of Era Aviation going up for sale? From what I understand so far 3 groups have looked at it, some native corporation up here, Alaska Air Gruop and some Canadian Heli. Company. I understand there is going to be around 7 other tours within the next couple of weeks.
Any comments on this? This might be a very good thing for the company - it sure could use some attrition and movement!

Comments??

The whole company or just the Alaska operations?

I'm from the Gulf coast of Louisiana and grew up watching those Helo drivers run out to the Oil and Gas Platforms...

Jobear
Okay, I'm up early where the heII is the worm?:D

Yes this is in fact true from my sources within the company - however my information was that Rowan was only looking to sell the fixed wing division and not the rotary wing stuff. I heard a very low figure for it as well which doesnt suprise me - they have been looking to spin off the fixed wing side for years. You could probably call the front desk and just ask and they would likely confirm it for you.

Twotter76 said:
Yes this is in fact true from my sources within the company - however my information was that Rowan was only looking to sell the fixed wing division and not the rotary wing stuff. I heard a very low figure for it as well which doesnt suprise me - they have been looking to spin off the fixed wing side for years. You could probably call the front desk and just ask and they would likely confirm it for you.
Well this topic has been talked about inside. And from what I understand Rown doesn't really want to split the two divisions if possible. Also, they haven't decided if they will sell it or not, I believe they will make the final decision when all the bids come in from potential buyers.
I've heard some BIG rumors even like SKW looking at it!

Nothing yet, I did talk to one of our SOF's and he said that Serie (I'm sure I spelled that wrong - I'm talking about the big native corporation up here) and he said it would be awesome for them to purchase us, they've got the money to pretty much replace all the Dash 8's with newer ones. They've got money to write a check for 20 RJ's (-200's) and possibly even start competing up here (lets not start a war on that :) )

They've pretty much have a very good history - 10 yrs ago I believe they invested into a company up here (believe it was GCI) and had someting like 980 million profit!
Suppossedly July 23 is the day Rown Drilling will decide if they will retain Era or not - but I think they've had lots of those deadlines before and they just can't come to a conclusion.

Anyways we'll see............

Latest resources

Back