Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
This was referred to me by a close friend. He is having obvious problems trying to fill it. The job is at Aaron Rents in Atlanta:

"Insurance requirements are (Commercial, Multi, Instrument, 750 PIC, 250 PIC Multi, 50 turbine) willing to work for a starting pay of 25K. No formal school given for the King Air 200. This is for an SIC position."

If interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

Tailwinds...

This post has put me into rant mode, and I apologize, because I really don't know anything about this particular job and whether it is a good opportunity, so the following is aimed more at "this type of job" than this one in particular...

However, a bit of free advice for people looking for "entry level" turbine jobs.

If you can't log it don't do it. Period. It's a waste of your time, and you could be earning $25k doing just about anything else. The fact that they are not sending you to training sends a message... you aren't actually expected to do anything except maybe polish the spinners and stock the mini-bar. You might think you will eventually upgrade to Captain on the King Air but the answer is "not likely". You will never meet the minimum times for insurance because none of your time will be loggable. If you try to log it (dual received or some such) your logbook will soon look like a sham and you'll get kicked out of regional interviews. I've seen it!

If you have the time this job requires you are already qualified for much better jobs! Most any regional will take you, or you could be a legitimate SIC for a 135 operation.

This post has put me into rant mode, and I apologize, because I really don't know anything about this particular job and whether it is a good opportunity, so the following is aimed more at "this type of job" than this one in particular...

However, a bit of free advice for people looking for "entry level" turbine jobs.

If you can't log it don't do it. Period. It's a waste of your time, and you could be earning $25k doing just about anything else. The fact that they are not sending you to training sends a message... you aren't actually expected to do anything except maybe polish the spinners and stock the mini-bar. You might think you will eventually upgrade to Captain on the King Air but the answer is "not likely". You will never meet the minimum times for insurance because none of your time will be loggable. If you try to log it (dual received or some such) your logbook will soon look like a sham and you'll get kicked out of regional interviews. I've seen it!

If you have the time this job requires you are already qualified for much better jobs! Most any regional will take you, or you could be a legitimate SIC for a 135 operation.

Hey man, I'm just the messenger trying to help a buddy of mine. Believe you me, I know this is not a pretty picture. But someone wanting to take it for what it's worth and get into the ATL corporate world, this could lead to bigger and better things. Anyone with some negotiating skill could possibly get more. Go to a regional and make less money and then try to get into business flying. Charter would be a better route than regional flying, but most 135 in ATL suck as much as this sh1t sandwich I'm hawking. I do agree that anyone with the mins is qualified for a better job.

And as part 91 is concerned, how is this flying not loggable?

Tailwinds...

The CA is not single pilot qualified or some such. Why I do not know. He has minimum 10000 in turbo props.

Tailwinds...

This is really fishy. There is no FAR that says a BE-200 needs an SIC. I friend of mine flew for Aarons and I was under the assumption that they have a BE-300?????????????????/

None of the King Air series requires an SIC its all type certified for single pilot ops.

Now insurance may require the company to have 2 pilots in the cockpit, but that dosn't mean the guy in the right seat can log SIC time. Your just there as a warm body to make some insurance guy happy.

But if the Captain will let you fly legs, approaches, etc. it IS loggable if you are the sole manipulator of the controls, since you have the ME rating. Of course, if it's really a KA-300, that's a different story. If the guy in the left seat is a prick who doesn't want you to do anything but cleanup, it might be a little tough.

Latest resources

Back