• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor to hire 300-400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not buy all DCI carriers, one big staple, then you are able to hire all the 1500 hour guys as Delta pilots. Would you go to Eagle or Delta if you just got your 1500? That eliminates any pilot shortage for all Delta staffing, period.

This will NEVER happen. An interview is the best anyone can hope for. I used to think the above was a possibility, but then I saw this as complete fiction. Even if by some odd chance that it does, it will be YEARS down the road. Delta has no fervor for ASA/ExpressJet or it's pilots.

This will NEVER happen. An interview is the best anyone can hope for. I used to think the above was a possibility, but then I saw this as complete fiction. Even if by some odd chance that it does, it will be YEARS down the road. Delta has no fervor for ASA/ExpressJet or it's pilots.

Oh I agree completely. It just make sense in the big scheme IF you need pilots that bad.

Better yet before the first day of class...:beer:

The best thing that can happen is have them show up get all the way done with training and leave after IOE, but before the first day of reserve. This is what will make them understand that they need to fix the airline.

people, smarten up. If you think there is a shortage-do the math. A year or so ago I did the numbers and forecasted hiring was 10,000 pilots in (X) amount of time, but hey guess what? There are about 20,000 regional pilots and a lot more 135 operators. There is not a shortage

Just talked to a regional pilot. A friend of his is a MlEC officer at a very large US carrier. The MEC guy was talking to his airline's CEO. He asked what was the #1 problem that the CEO had to deal with at their airline. The CEO said the upcoming pilot shortage. The CEO did not see how they could realistically avoid parking mainline aircraft due to a shortage of pilots to fly those aircraft.

Latest resources

Back