• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No General...... That won't work and you know it. The competition will not allow it. You just want to keep stirring up emotions of regional airline employees who work so hard to make you money.
I once thought you might have some intelligence. I must admit I was wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Competition? Have you heard of Consolidation? There is less competition because of it. Smaller communities won't see Spirit or SWA (they just dumped 17 former AT communities). I'm not trying to stir up emotions, just trying to give you my opinion on what may happen. I see fewer flights but primarily mainline planes. Hopefully you will apply and be a part of it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No need. My nest of eggs is very nice right now, and growing in size rapidly. Very comfortable thanks. I will just keep on bringing you the peeps 76 at a time for now. Enjoy.

No need. My nest of eggs is very nice right now, and growing in size rapidly. Very comfortable thanks. I will just keep on bringing you the peeps 76 at a time for now. Enjoy.

Well, let's hope you're right about continuing the feed. I don't think you're correct, and most see a pilot shortage when the big three have huge retirements in earnest. There haven't been that many retirements yet this year at DL, yet hiring included 100 each month in June and July, and 85 a month until next April, then falling to only 50 a month indefinitely. Each of the three legacies need about 5,000 pilots within the next 10 years. You may be the last one at your Regional. I hope you do have many nest eggs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What regional is making record profit? Regional pilots are paid by there company.

Thought it was obvious... I was talking about the mainline management that has managed to squeeze pay and benefits so low through their RFP process that it's getting harder to find suckers willing to enter servitude at their regional feed. It's funny how they continue to preach the need for cuts/cost competitiveness for the crews while they reward themselves with ever increasing salaries, benefits, and bonuses.
Just look at the shenanigans Delta management has been pulling at Endeavor to see just how far they're willing to go to marginalize our "profession".

Thought it was obvious... I was talking about the mainline management that has managed to squeeze pay and benefits so low through their RFP process that it's getting harder to find suckers willing to enter servitude at their regional feed. It's funny how they continue to preach the need for cuts/cost competitiveness for the crews while they reward themselves with ever increasing salaries, benefits, and bonuses.
Just look at the shenanigans Delta management has been pulling at Endeavor to see just how far they're willing to go to marginalize our "profession".

It should be a lesson though, that while the Delta biz model at Endeavor has completely failed, they will make no meaningful effort to attract or retain their pilots. It makes no financial sense to prop up Endeavor even after bringing every function under Deltas blanket without violating dual carrier status.

Right or wrong delta has a number in mind they will pay for regional businesses before bringing it in house, that number doesn't support a viable biz model at a regional. There's no shortage when you just park the rjs and fly a 717 instead.

It should be a lesson though, that while the Delta biz model at Endeavor has completely failed, they will make no meaningful effort to attract or retain their pilots. It makes no financial sense to prop up Endeavor even after bringing every function under Deltas blanket without violating dual carrier status.

QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you may be right. Just look at Comair. Delta paid 2 Billion dollars for them and eventually closed them down with a gain of Zero dollars. Not quite the best financial decision. So losing billions of dollars to prove a point (low wages in this case) is not beyond them.

I'm sorry, but raising regional wages at Endeavor IS financially possible from Delta. You guys make so little now, a small percentage increase (especially for the FOs) would be a drop in the bucket to a huge, Fortune 500 company making several billion dollars in profit every year. But instead, they prefer slave wages and newhire classes show how popular that decision is..

QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you may be right. Just look at Comair. Delta paid 2 Billion dollars for them and eventually closed them down with a gain of Zero dollars. Not quite the best financial decision. So losing billions of dollars to prove a point (low wages in this case) is not beyond them.

I'm sorry, but raising regional wages at Endeavor IS financially possible from Delta. You guys make so little now, a small percentage increase (especially for the FOs) would be a drop in the bucket to a huge, Fortune 500 company making several billion dollars in profit every year. But instead, they prefer slave wages and newhire classes show how popular that decision is..

Supposedly once they get an economy of scale they will be able to pay more. Union had translated that to, "look we just need you to fly at least one airplane around by dec 2015 so we can break DCIs back and give you whatever is left over," so as long as they don't lose every pilot of what's left they feel they can toss a few bucks at them.

I, like many, already left so that's for others to benefit from. I think it's likely that by december 2015 it'll just be the DO and the CP flying one 900 around at management pay with a made up pay scale. FOs are still leaving faster than CAs and it's a net loss of 40 or 45 guys a month.

Right or wrong delta has a number in mind they will pay for regional businesses before bringing it in house, that number doesn't support a viable biz model at a regional. There's no shortage when you just park the rjs and fly a 717 instead.

88 717s aren't going to pick up the slack of losing 200+ large RJs

88 717s aren't going to pick up the slack of losing 200+ large RJs

Those 717s are to replace the 50 seaters XPOO.

Can you explain a little more about what you mean? Are you trying to say that after all the 50 seater are gone (near all; couple dozen remaining) that the regionals wont be able to supply pilots for the large RJs.

Those 717s are to replace the 50 seaters XPOO.

Can you explain a little more about what you mean? Are you trying to say that after all the 50 seater are gone (near all; couple dozen remaining) that the regionals wont be able to supply pilots for the large RJs.

You were talking about Endeavor. They will soon be a CRJ900 operator exclusively. Then you said there was no reason to continue to prop them up when they can just replace their RJs with 717s. I assume you meant 88 717s would be enough to backfill a potential of 100+ CRJ9s. Then taking into account the rest of the Delta Connection fleet of large RJs that total well over 200.

Latest resources

Back