• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think about it, all 3 legacies need to hire 5,000 pilots EACH within the next 7-10 years to replace retiring pilots only. Then throw in the LCCs, and there won't be enough pilots, period. The big 3 will start poaching pilots from the LCCs, and the LCCs will start hiring Regional FOs to try to keep them longer, hoping a lack of PIC will keep them around through an upgrade. They will add a training bond too (I think Frontier may have started this) to guarantee a few years on property. The other group that may fill in some hiring positions too could be the Expats that went overseas and figured out that their families wanted to come home or the Sandpit wasn't as hospitable as they had hoped. Regardless, it's gonna be interesting to watch. As the Regionals shrink the Big 3 are going to grab as many A319s or 717s as they can to cover the Regional routes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Spot on General! At UAL we are seeing increases in A319 block hours to cover what was originally allotted to UAX because they don't have the staffing. I suspect that the trend will continue!

If you're a 23 yearold 1500 hour instructor you've got nothing to lose and may go for this but I don't think this will solve their recruitment issues.

So 8 EtD candidates went down to ATL today, 8. Some of these guys were held back from May class because they were too perfect, and they just had to show them to Delta.

How many got the thumbs up? Common. I want everyone to guess. Common... give you a hint, its a number lower than our SSP acceptance rate.

Your welcome everyone. Good night.

This deal is awesome for one type of person. A 23 year old that lives in new york with his parents. For everyone else it sucks.
On a side note, this ssp improvement to a min of 210 to a max of 300 pilots per year that go to delta is actually a great improvement for our current pilots. Thats a lot of attrition which forces delta to hire more of our pilots but here is the thing, they can cancel it at any time without penalty and our FO's need more! Pay must be restored for them. If they are going to pay protect the displaced captains that proves they can afford it.

So 8 EtD candidates went down to ATL today, 8. Some of these guys were held back from May class because they were too perfect, and they just had to show them to Delta.

How many got the thumbs up? Common. I want everyone to guess. Common... give you a hint, its a number lower than our SSP acceptance rate.

Your welcome everyone. Good night.

Why would they go to ATL? 9E is doing the interviews with the "same" Delta process in MSP. Plus I don't think the EtD becomes active until the 15th of this month.

one of my questions I have been asking is how our union can allow Delta seniority list pilots to fly out planes? For that matter, how can a pilot who holds a Delta SN be flying a CRJ 900 and not be getting Delta CRJ 900 rates?

Latest resources

Back