• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it is interesting listening to many talk about getting rate resets and then shutting down Endeavor. That doesn't make much sense because once the other carriers get their rates reset and start losing 200's they will have the same attrition problem as Endeavor.

The flexibility Endeavor gives Delta is huge in that they don't need to negotiate with a DCI carrier when they want to make a change. The economies of scale are a large cost savings as well because Delta is using their purchasing clout at Endeavor on everything from office supplies to benefit administration.

So for all salivating over the idea that once you take you pay cuts the Endeavor aircraft will start coming your way, you may have another thing coming.

None of this is any different from the relationship that Comair had with Delta as a "wholly owned". I see no reason why Delta wouldn't shut Endeavor down as they did Comair, if and when their usefulness is no longer compelling.

None of this is any different from the relationship that Comair had with Delta as a "wholly owned". I see no reason why Delta wouldn't shut Endeavor down as they did Comair, if and when their usefulness is no longer compelling.

You're crazy if you think this is the exact relationship they had with Comair. Look at the differences in the contract for starters. If they could've put Comair through bankruptcy they would've done the same to them. In my opinion the only similarity other than being wholly owned is as Endeavor parks airplanes eventually everyone will be topped out on their respective scale, but remember it's a 12 and 4 year scale now.

Delta did not shutter: ASA, Compass, and Mesaba. Am I missing any? Delta did sell Compass and Mesaba for a million an aircraft. Using that logic Endeavor is worth? I don't know how many airplanes they have.

I believe when DAL went into bankruptcy CMR was included too.

You're correct. However, they wanted more. Comair stood strong, and Delta said, "fine, we'll shut you down instead. The bankruptcy process just rams concessions down our throats, or up our a$$e$ without any recourses especially with regards to the railway labor act

gojo I think you have it wrong and I can see why. I am not an expert on the matter but I do know that Comair did hold strong for an industry leading regional contract. IN the process they made Delta take a serious look at having all their eggs in 1 regional basket. So that is right-but is not when Delta decided to shut down Comair. They used the carrot of more 70 seaters to make the comair pilots take concessions but those pilots never got the planes but still took concessions. All the while Delta was allowing more and more other regionals do their connection flying. Because of that, Comair was shrinking.

Then....Delta realized that the crj 200 was too expensive and was not making the kind of money they wanted. They also saw the engine overhaul and heavy checks for those same planes being a very costly expense for a plane they were willing to replace with bigger, more profitable planes. Delta also figured that their pilots wanted to press the scope issue and so Delta used the pilots union to "fight" for scope to get rid of those planes they wanted to park anyways. Yes, the pilots got a pay increase and "50 seat scope" relief, but they gave up more 76 seat scope relief. To which is my point-this was the end of Comair, they needed Comairs planes as a carrot for other not owned regionals to park more 50 seats (sky west).

gojo I think you have it wrong and I can see why. I am not an expert on the matter but I do know that Comair did hold strong for an industry leading regional contract. IN the process they made Delta take a serious look at having all their eggs in 1 regional basket. So that is right-but is not when Delta decided to shut down Comair. They used the carrot of more 70 seaters to make the comair pilots take concessions but those pilots never got the planes but still took concessions. All the while Delta was allowing more and more other regionals do their connection flying. Because of that, Comair was shrinking.

Then....Delta realized that the crj 200 was too expensive and was not making the kind of money they wanted. They also saw the engine overhaul and heavy checks for those same planes being a very costly expense for a plane they were willing to replace with bigger, more profitable planes. Delta also figured that their pilots wanted to press the scope issue and so Delta used the pilots union to "fight" for scope to get rid of those planes they wanted to park anyways. Yes, the pilots got a pay increase and "50 seat scope" relief, but they gave up more 76 seat scope relief. To which is my point-this was the end of Comair, they needed Comairs planes as a carrot for other not owned regionals to park more 50 seats (sky west).

Ah yes, that refreshes my memory. And you bring up another good point about Delta not wanting all their gags in one basket. I think this will limit the amount of Delta flying ASA/Skywest do

Latest resources

Back