• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B6 A320 FO
4th/5th year
$102K
No RSAs = Reserve Assignmet Pickups at Premium (150%) 4.2 hours or whatever you flew...whichever was greater.
No FLICA alerts = Flight Line Crew Access or similar to your elit system (sp?). Alerts text or email you when a trip with stated parameters falls into open time.
No PTO sold = Person Time Off bank. We can sell a certain amount per month or per year depending on how much you have banked. Some guys will bank 200 hours (9-12 hours accrued a month) and at the end of the year after saving for a few years will sell back a huge chunk for thousands.

Thanx. Was not familiar.

Do you sell the PTO back at the higher rate. ie. accrue on 2 year pay and sell back at 4 year pay? If so, good deal.

Do you sell the PTO back at the higher rate. ie. accrue on 2 year pay and sell back at 4 year pay? If so, good deal.

Yes, but most guys can't (understandably) because they use it as they accumulate it in order to improve their commutes and QOL. When we sell it back it's at our "premium" (150%) rates. The best move someone can make is to hoard it the year before they upgrade and then use it at their new left-seat rate.

In English?

Sorry about that. I see Longhorn explained, but what I was essentially saying is all I did was fly my line. I didn't game the system and try to squeeze every last dime out of it. I'm too lazy for that. I just want to fly my line and go home. I posted it mainly to show what an average, slightly above mid-seniority B6 Airbus FO makes. Guys my seniority that want to really hustle can make $130-140K. I've heard of folks breaking $150K, but that's the extreme exception. A typical 5th year Airbus FO at JetBlue will make $100-110K.

...1/2 yr 2nd yr pay 1/2 year 3rd year pay. Reserve Pilot flew 762 hrs. Very little "extra time" stuck to my schedule. $132K.

$126,466

6 year 320FO, aggressive with flica, never done an rsa, use every single hour of pto for qol enhancement with no sellback, 16.2 days off, 81% of trips commutable

Business Grossed $102,000 after expenses but pre tax

Real Estate Sale $21,000

Stock Trading Income $13,000

$262,466 pre tax ( best year since 2003 )

$126,466

6 year 320FO, aggressive with flica, never done an rsa, use every single hour of pto for qol enhancement with no sellback, 16.2 days off, 81% of trips commutable

Business Grossed $102,000 after expenses but pre tax

Real Estate Sale $21,000

Stock Trading Income $13,000

$262,466 pre tax ( best year since 2003 )[/QUO

what kind of business do you have?

Latest resources

Back