• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Employment Contract at EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright, alright. I was a jerk about it but here is the reason. I do apoligize about the Tool comment and Hero comment. I was out of place. I will reply with more maturity the next time. Personally do I agree with the training contract? Yes and No. Yep mixed. I believe the company has a right to protect themselves, especially when you can point the finger at a number of individuals that gave EJA the reason to come up with it. Pilots have come here, recieved a type rating then quit right afterwards. Well what do you think is gonna happen? Did I like the idea of signing one? Not really but I wasn't planning on leaving for a few years anyway. When someone interviews at a company they should know the basics, ie pay scale, benifits, hiring contracts, and current contract negotations. If you don't know this before you go into the interview then you are not prepared. Its not like the information is not readily available. Currently there are a great many pilots that are waiting for a call from EJA and I know that many of them would not hesitate to sign the training contract. He should have know about it ahead of time. If he is waiting for another job and thats the one he really wants then tell him to go that way. Presently there are a number of men and women without jobs trying to do what it takes to survive. A friend of mine was laid off from USAir and is currently working in a factory waiting to hear from EJA. Personally I think your husband is wasting EJA's time and his fellow Pilots time as well, if he has difficulty signing a contract.
Besides, where is he going in the next 2 years anyways? SWA, FedEx, JetBlue, UPS? Get in line and wait. I think there might be a little compitition trying to get in there. Hmmm if EJA is getting flogged with resumes I think there might be a few more over at SWA. There is probably what 10000 or more pilots on the streets right now trying to pay the bills.

Pilot Wife, with all due respect, are you and your husband nuts!! Who cares about the silly training contract! EJA is big marbles! The pay is coming! If your husband had an offer, he would be nuts not to take the job: what else has he got going on! Weren't you the one several months ago complaining about Flexjet? I am here to tell ya, Eja is no flexjet, far from it! Good Luck and hope you find good tail winds!

I have not posted any comments about Flexjet.

I guess we are nuts -- the job offer from EJA was turned down. Even with the knowledge that they would provide secure, stable employment, there just was not a good feeling about accepting the offer. Only time will tell if something else works out. I know they were able to fill his spot in class with another candidate so someone got good news from our decision. Would you like to know how the situation pans out for my husband? I don't expect it to be tomorrow.

P.S. The reason my husband does not speak directly on this site is because our Christmas present last year was to be a new computer (our's is 7 years old). We were unable to purchase one so I use resources out work.

Wow

I never checked this thread before but did some guy that works at Flexjet really turn down a job at EJA because of the contract?

This HAS to be a big joke or flamebait.

WTFO?

Thats like turning down Southwest to go work at American Eagle

I thought I had heard everything

Flydog,

I agree! This has got to be a joke. I bit the first time but not again. LMFAO!

gump

Latest resources

Back