Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherpa I was recently invited to Dubai for the assessment. I sent a reply email the same day and received confirmation of my interview, the very next day. Maybe shoot them a friendly email asking if they received your previous one. Regardless, good luck and maybe I'll see you in Dubai.

Sherpa I was recently invited to Dubai for the assessment. I sent a reply email the same day and received confirmation of my interview, the very next day. Maybe shoot them a friendly email asking if they received your previous one. Regardless, good luck and maybe I'll see you in Dubai.

Thanks for the heads up. I never did find the email but after a couple requests they sent it again no problem. I'll be there next month, haven't seen that place since 2000 when it was just starting to grow so I should be in for a shock after over 11 years.

Is there any propaganda out there for showing the wife? She doesn't know much about life and culture over there and has more of a Saudi vision than one of Dubai's culture and she will be the final say on go/no-go.

Is there any propaganda out there for showing the wife? She doesn't know much about life and culture over there and has more of a Saudi vision than one of Dubai's culture and she will be the final say on go/no-go.

Send me a pm and I'll send your some info

Just out of crazy curiousity, how many years at Emirates does the longest-serving US citizen pilot have? Any US citizen at the 20 yr mark or greater?

The senior American pilot just left, he had 15 years. Next in line is at 9 years.

Typhoonpilot

Oh, that makes sense. The 9 year mark is pretty much post-9/11. That's when I imagine the US pilots started to go overseas in droves due to the economy here. The 15-year guy, would you know if he retired (an older guy?), came back to the US to fly for an airline here, or just had enough of EK or Dubai? I'd imagine if you can pull 15 years at EK/Dubai, it's probably not the employer or the city that forces you out.

Oh, that makes sense. The 9 year mark is pretty much post-9/11. That's when I imagine the US pilots started to go overseas in droves due to the economy here. The 15-year guy, would you know if he retired (an older guy?), came back to the US to fly for an airline here, or just had enough of EK or Dubai? I'd imagine if you can pull 15 years at EK/Dubai, it's probably not the employer or the city that forces you out.

Realistically nobody in the USA had heard of Emirates or Dubai until I started posting about them in 2002/3. The big number of Americans didn't really start showing up until 2004 and later.

In regards to the 15 year retiree, yeah he's an old man ;). He does post here every now and again, at least when the arthritis isn't too bad and his fingers can move.

Typhoonpilot

In regards to the 15 year retiree, yeah he's an old man ;). He does post here every now and again, at least when the arthritis isn't too bad and his fingers can move.

Typhoonpilot

Yeah, he's about 2 years older than TP and it was the company and the city that pushed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back