Emirates Interview and logbook question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scarabus

All logbooks must be brought with you at the time of joining. It is mandatory that the logbook has been certified by the Chief Pilot or Director of Flight Operations, verifying the type of aircraft and hours flown.

This is from my confirmation letter for an upcoming interview with Emirates. Does anyone know how to get another individual to verify and sign your logbook as to your time and accuracy of that logbook? I would think that the person doing that would open themselves up to some legal issues by doing so. I wouldn't sign someone else's logbook unless I personally gave them instruction. If anyone has had this issue while interviewing at Emirates please PM me.

In addition, going to my chief pilot and telling them that I am interviewing somewhere else will likely jeopardize my position there.

Thanks.

I talked with our CP and got a certification as to the accuracy of my logbook on the day I started with my current company. The rest from there on is up to me. This gives you accuracy and him a way out. As far as the "letting the cat out of the bag on going somewhere else" they must be crazy if they think you are staying where you are forever!

How much time between going on the short list till dialogue to travel to Dubai? I am in animated suspension!

Dick Gozinya

Not sure how your company works, but I printed out my pay/schedule history from the companies website.

It showed my monthly hours as well as the flights that corresponded to my logbook entries.

EK were fine with this as a way of verifying my times.

I am in the same position. If my company found out that I am applying elsewhere they would fire me on the spot, no questions asked and it has happened to quite a few people. I have also asked for a letter showing my flight time with the company and they said it can't be done now unless I am leaving the company.

Does anybody know if they are pretty picky about logbook's neatness? Mine is accurate but I audit it every year for mistakes. If I find one then I correct it and make a notation of it. Is this acceptable to them? I do have copies of my 121 schedule/pay report for the last 2 years to back it up.

Does anybody know if they are pretty picky about logbook's neatness? Mine is accurate but I audit it every year for mistakes. If I find one then I correct it and make a notation of it. Is this acceptable to them? I do have copies of my 121 schedule/pay report for the last 2 years to back it up.

You're worried about a year? I haven't done mine in 5 and I am betting it will take that long to bring them up to date.

WD.

I'm just "worried" about mistakes (which have been corrected later) and neatness. Mine is up-to-date but have made several mistakes in the past.

I'm just "worried" about mistakes (which have been corrected later) and neatness. Mine is up-to-date but have made several mistakes in the past.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just don't think that they are going to pay that much attention to every page and every line. I myself have three log books that they would have to tear thru and the thought of going thru every page for every pilot would be a task of epic proportion.

WD.

I'm willing to bet beers that I have the logbook in the worst shape. Oceans of whiteout and I even cut out some pages that got duplicated when the wife and I were trying to catch it up from years of neglect and entered the same info twice.

Oh yeah, I can't find my original logbook with all my GA ratings, either. :erm:

If I get through, then no one else should have any trouble... ;) TC

I'm willing to bet beers that I have the logbook in the worst shape. Oceans of whiteout and I even cut out some pages that got duplicated when the wife and I were trying to catch it up from years of neglect and entered the same info twice.

Oh yeah, I can't find my original logbook with all my GA ratings, either. :erm:

If I get through, then no one else should have any trouble... ;) TC

I'm there with you! My first logbook was stolen from my car (along with the rest of my flight kit) so my two current logbooks start at roughly 900 hours. I'm glad I'm not the only one with mistakes in his logbook

Latest resources

Back